Raleigh, NC micro-brew and taproom

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ECOdork

Reaction score
Not sure how well known this place is so I thought I would share:

http://www.horniblowstavern.com/

Horniblow's Tavern is the taproom/tavern for the Edenton Brewing Company. They are under new management (I think) and are renovating and changing their name to "Big Boss" Brewing Co. (I think). It is a bit hard to find, tucked away in north Raleigh, but they had some tasty craft-brews on tap (all Edenton/Big Boss), a mellow atmosphere, and views of the brewery floor below (tours available). I got the impression that the dudes working/hanging out at the bar were the same dudes who just spent the day brewing.

If you are in the area, surely you've seen some of their beers around...

And no, I have no connection to this place whatsoever beyond enjoying the beer.:mug:

Baron and I were talking about this place yesterday, in fact. We (GRABASS) are overdue for another visit. Baron is on their mailing list, hopefully he'll chime in.

Yeah, me and some friends used to be a fixture once or twice a week after mountain biking nearby. The GRABASS'ers took the tour which was fun.

Of their regular beers I really like the Uncle Nut's Brown and the red (I forget the name). They had a Pilsner on tap last time I was up there that really wowed me with great clean flavor and nice hoppiness. Apparently they have a bock on tap now, so I might have to go by and do some research. Alas, I barely make it out in the evenings anymore.

Damn, MTB and homebrew? I dig both as well.

You talking about the trails on Atlantic ave? I haven't rolled those yet, but plan to soon.

You ever post on TriangleMTB? (http://trianglemtb.com/yabbse/)

When it warms up a little I'm looking forward to hitting the dirt again! :rockin:

Yep, those are the ones...if they're still there. I haven't been out in a while and they were doing a lot of construction last time. I don't post on TriangleMTB but know a lot of those guys like Camp.

Back