Possibly the worst beer review site ever

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"BeerTripper

Anchor Steam Beer

Anchor Steam Beer is classified as a California Common and although it does taste different than Bud, Miller and Coors, I can't say as I like it any better. To my palate Anchor Steam Beer tastes bitter and a little dirty, and not in a good way."

You just have to remember, he likes the SUBTLE flavors, not the fruity ones!

funny funny site!

You just have to remember, he likes the SUBTLE flavors, not the fruity ones!

I'm giving this Vienna Lager a 5, but just barely. It is not bad at all, no off flavors to speak of. However, it is very 'light' on flavor. Too light for my taste. Light on the malt, light on the hops. I often like my beers subtle, but this one is a little too subtle.

Just not too subtle...

Yes PBR did get a 6. But the Bastard got a 1 and Bud Light got a 4..... thats just cold. what a d!cK.

He gave 1554 an 8, surprisingly:
This is a Belgian Dark Ale, and I must admit, I feel guilty that I don't drink it more often. It has a very complex flavor, very unique, malty and some hop bitterness. But, sadly, I usually prefer something a little less complex.

Just not too subtle...

And he likes complex, but not too complex.

I guess Shiner kolsch got a 7 b/c it tastes just like BMC.

assclown.

This guy seems like a pretty big ******. Anything other than BMC doesnt get the respect it deserves, oh well it's just his opinion anyways and you know what they say about those.

alright, I looked up some of my favorite and least favorite beers on his list. Most the european brews I consider excellent, he also rated pretty high (both unibroues, Chimay Blue, Celebrator, etc.). Things are much more inconsistant with the domestic brew ratings though. Regardless, I just don't care for his justifications. So many of his ratings are based on personal taste preferences (too hoppy, too subtle, too complex) and not measured as examples of a given style. It stikes me that he's a bit new at this whole "beer" thing. He'll probably look back at these ratings in years to come and realize he may have spoke (posted) too soon.

Come on guys, give him a break, we all have our own tastes.

My main fault with him is that he declares he doesn't like X quality, then when the beer has that quality he states it is not a good beer for that reason.

It is the "Dr it hurts when I do this!", "Then stop doing that." situation all over. :)

I actually looked at the site, and I don't think it is the worst. It is just some guys personal beer page. He can like what he wants. I thought this was going to be like a professional site or something after reading this thread.

That said, I think many of his reviews were pretty far off.

I think his Fosters Lager review sums up his reviewing skills... Nothing on Fosters(never tasted them so havent a clue) but it was an interesting review nevertheless.

It's really inconsistent. Beers that you would think he wouldn't like based on what he says he gives good ratings. I think this is a dude that doesn't have alot of experience in real tasting and doesn't compare beer to style guidelines.

To each his own. I'm not going to bash him too much.

Back