CT Group Grain Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I am in Stamford, I would like to participate in the group buy, but is the pick up location is too far to justify. If anyone closer to Stamford is participating please let me know.

thanks

I'm in New Haven. Will travel to Windsor. Need 2-3 bags. Let me know what to do, new to this.

OK, I ordered my bags... 2.5 of em. what happens if all the half bags dont get picked up on the other halves?

i am good for this round but will be interested in future rounds. Still got a bunch of grain from the last group buy!

kaz4121 said:
i am good for this round but will be interested in future rounds. Still got a bunch of grain from the last group buy!

Ya I have plenty left from my last buy, but u never know when the next one happens and if u get in it.

wrightbrew said:
CENTRAL CT GROUP BUY

If you live near Central Connecticut (Windsor) we are looking for participants in a bulk grain buy. We need commitments for ~20 more bags to fill the pallet.

NOTE: I recognize my timing is bad. I started this before I saw another buy was in progress. If you are already participating in the "New England Group Buy", delivering near Franklin, MA (via CrazyIrishman34), please do NOT abandon that buy to join this one. I will not accept defectors without the Irishman's blessing.

You can see the rest of the details here: http://masherator.com/groupbuys

DM me if you have any questions.

Just awesome transaction!!!! Thanks again
Ed

Hey Rogue...yeah, this buy is done. DM me your email and I'll add you to the list for next time (especially since the pickup location is in Windsor).

hey fellas,

any idea if another group buy will be starting up in the near future?

I am also interested and would be in for at least 6 bags.

I'd be in for 5 bags at least. From the looks of the thread it looks like we would have a full pallet. Any thoughts on whether this may actually happen?

Wow it almost seems like we could get 2 whole pallets with all this preliminary interest! I am in for 1 whole bag, and if anyone would split a bag of caramel 80L I would love it.

Alright folks. We are aiming to fill two pallets. I am collecting orders using a web-based tool called Masherator which helps make my life simpler and - supposing all goes smoothly - ought to make your orders easier to put together too.

One of the key features of Masherator is that it facilitates splits. If you want say...half a bag, simply add it to your order then change the quantity to .50 the other half will be displayed on the group page for anyone to claim. Just keep in mind, if no one claims the remainder of your split we can't actually order a partial bag. So there are no guarantees. But it generally works out pretty well.

We will discuss pickup timing as we get closer to filling the two pallets. Hit me up via PM if you run into problems.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PDF CATALOG?
For those looking for the product catalog (like last time) it is now built in to Masherator. When you click to add items to your order you are presented with the available items and prices. The place we are buying from requested that we not post their full catalog online so I posted just the pertinent bits. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused. - JW

Will this include all grains, Briess as well?

EDIT: I'm stupid. Now that I actually looked at the page I know the answer to my question: Yes, Briess is included.

where will you be ordering the grain from this time?

We are ordering through a friend who has an account with a homebrew supply wholesaler. I don't want to ruffle any feathers though so I don't feel comfortable sharing much more than that without a long, sober conversation with the account holder. (sober being the sticky wicket):mug:

wrightbrew said:
We are ordering through a friend who has an account with a homebrew supply wholesaler. I don't want to ruffle any feathers though so I don't feel comfortable sharing much more than that without a long, sober conversation with the account holder. (sober being the sticky wicket):mug:

Good enough for me

When is the target date for this delivery? I'd be in for 1-3 bags, and possibly a couple of splits.

not sure about target delivery date, but so far we have 38.45/80 bags accounted for on the order, so just about 50%.

Yeah we are about halfway last I checked! Post #183 has the link to the site and all the info.

Added 3 bags and half of the remaining half of a bag split of carapils. Is it OKAY to order a .25 bag and split 3 ways? This is the first time for a group order for me.

@NuclearRich I believe we met a few weeks ago at Luck and Levity. I brought the accidental Belgian IPA…. def have to trade some corked bottles sometime.

Scott

Added 3 bags and half of the remaining half of a bag split of carapils. Is it OKAY to order a .25 bag and split 3 ways? This is the first time for a group order for me.

@NuclearRich I believe we met a few weeks ago at Luck and Levity. I brought the accidental Belgian IPA…. def have to trade some corked bottles sometime.

Scott

Hey Scott. I was there that night as well. Brought a growler of IPA in. Your Belgian IPA was great. I saw that Clown Shoes does a Belgian IPA. You may want to check it out. Or Ommegang's BPA may be similar.

I'm hoping that this group buy is still open after Christmas. Need to hold off on expenses until then.

Scott

Hey! Yeah that's right I really liked that beer. Definitely need to trade some beer soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back