Water in corny gas lines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allanmac00

Reaction score
I have a few beers in cornies that have been hooked up to co2 for a few weeks now yet have not really carbonated. I took a look and noticed that there seems to be some water in the gas "in" lines. Not sure how it happened, but could this be the causing lack of carbonation?

What temp and pressure are you using?

I started them at 30 PSI room temp, hit them for about a week. Then moved to 10 PSI at 35F for two weeks. Still no carbonation at all. They come out slightly foamy and look like they'll be ready, but then it dies out and the beers taste flat.

I'm starting to wonder if something else is up. Maybe my regulator? When I pour or hit the quick release, the tank starts to put more gas out, so I know gas is entering the kegs. I also sprayed star san everywhere checking for leak and didn't find any.

If it pours foamy, you're losing carbonation during the pour, which will cause the beer to taste flat. How long are your lines, and where are your faucets mounted?

Not sure how long the lines are, but I'm using picnic taps from northern brewer, since I don't have enough taps in my tower. I would guess 10' ish? Does using picnic taps long term reduce carbonation?

Back