New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my first saison. It's 5 lbs pale ale, and 3 lbs unmalted wheat berres hopped with Sorachi Ace and Crystal, dry hopped with Cascades. Been in the bottle 2 weeks and it tastes delicious. Oh yeah, fermented with 3711 French Saison.

SaisonNumber1.jpg
Empty.jpg

Happiness and Sadness, taken with my Nikon D40 and a little retouch in the GIMP.

It's effing amazing. A little harsh if you chill it too cold, but in the high 40s t's really smooth. A bit of lemon lysol, an unidentifiable herbal thing, and a smooth, dry, grainy finish.

See lemon lysol has me scared. I just want a very subtle touch of lemon... I'm wondering if I should wimp out. Was going to use .5 oz. at flameout.

I don't mean lemon lysol in a bad way, if you can wrap your head around that. It's a note of flavor in a beer with more layers than I can really get my head around. You'll be happy with them, I promise.

Amber ale I did right after thanksgiving. I wish i waited longer to drink it b/c its been getting better and better. the holiday season is tough tho.

d27c42d9.jpg

My first attempt at an AG clone of Caldera IPA. Not too bad for a first go. Not the clearest of beers, but I didn't add any adjuncts for clarity.

Caldera Clone.jpg

My first successful brew. Cheapest kit they had on the shelf, but it still tastes pretty good. I guess I'd call it a Canadian Light Ale? The glass is monogrammed with my grandfathers initials. Don't know how old the glass is, but dad says they're older than he is, and he's 67. I'm one proud Poppa!

IMG_0563 [640x480].JPG

Brewing Classic Styles Dry Stout. Bottle conditions to about 2 volumes, suprisingly pours/settles a lot like a Guinness.

BCSDryStout.jpg

I am calling it "Dave's Not Here IPA" as the inspiration was from a friend of mine named Dave and I thought the Cheech and Chong reference went nicely with him. However, I should have named it ZAC'S IPA as it has it has Zeus, Amarillo, Centennial, and Simcoes in it. Only thing is I don't know anybody named Zac :D

Well here it is:

6751825897_5ee2096a6f_z.jpg

or at least, there it was

6751815717_cc8b73b4ee_z.jpg

:mug:

Posted this in Yooper's recipe thread but thought I should post it here too. The beer on the left is my 60 min IPA and the one of the right is an actual DFH 60 min. Mine has only been in the keg for a week so it will clear up some more but other than that they are pretty much identical (especially in taste!):

DSC02568.jpg

I finally have a picture worth posting in here!

this is my Pale Ale.
it's a *bit* undercarbed as of yet, but it's only been in the bottles for 10 days.

IMAG1910.jpg

Back