Please critiquie my newb kegging setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zman

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I currently have a Danby Kegerator with a single tower, a single regulator and a 3 way air distributor from Keg Connection. I am planning on having one keg serving and one carbing. My plan is to have both kegs hooked up in the kegerator at 12 psi. My first serving beer is going to be a Raspberry Wheat and the second keg is an India Brown Ale. When the Wheat is ready is it ok to leave the IBA on gas until I kick the first keg or do I need to turn off the gas to the IBA keg?

Thanks

cool. I can just do the set it and forget it for both kegs and just switch kegs when i need to? So 12psi is a good serving pressure @ 38-40F. My beer line is 6'

Yup - exactly. I keep my fridge at 40* and regulator at 12psi. Obviously, the carbonation level will depend on the style, but for pales, ambers, ipas, etc... I've found that this pressure works well.

You may want it to be a little higher (maybe 13 psi) for a wheat, but I would start at 12 and if it seems undercarbed to you, you can increase then. It's much easier to increase carbonation than decrease it. Note, that if you do this, you will need to unhook your IBA or it will be carbed at 13 psi as well. Personally, I don't mind my wheats at 12.

No problem! Kegging will definitely change your life. I started brewing twice as much because it's so much easier to keg and drink!

Latest posts

Back