Great New Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just tasted my latest creation, and I'm pretty happy with it! I used half a gallon of Northland Pomegranate Blueberry juice and about 2 cups of freshly picked mulberries and blackberries from the yard. I sweetened it with white sugar to a potential alcohol of about 18%, and used Lalvin D-47 yeast to ferment. I then proceeded to keep my fingers crossed for a full 3 weeks while it slowly bubbled away. It's finally clear, so I took a reading and gave it a taste last night. Hydrometer floated right at 1.000, which means that this bad boy is 18% alcohol. Despite what I had read/believed about D-47, the little guys did it! The tasting was not disappointing either. Nice fruit flavor, good acidity, and not too bad of an alcohol taste. Even had just enough residual sweetness. Potent as hell, though! I think a good year or two of aging will produce an awesome cordial to have around the house.

Cheers!
-Jimmy P.

Back