Labor Day Weekend 2008 - What's in Your Kettle???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BierMuncher

...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I think a three day holiday deserves its own "what are you brewing" thread.

So how bout it.

Do we have some 999's going up this weekend?
Maybe some Octoberfests in the works?
Perhaps a strong ale in time for the holidays?

What will we smell coming out of your brewhaus this weekend?

Nothing here. I just brewed 3 IPA variants and have some home repairs to tend to and a hop harvest to attack.

I think it is time to bottle the mead now tho. They have been in primary now for nearly 8 weeks. Half of that time they have been clearing in the fridge.

This weekend I will be bottling a batch of Yooperbrew's DFH 60-min IPA clones and will be brewing a Bee Cave Haus Pale Ale (thanks EdWort). If time permits, I want to do one of your Kona Fire Rock Pale Ales too. We will see.
Just got back from my LHBS and my Vienna Malt has bugs! We will see how those dang little critters like the 168°F sparge....

Oktoberfest or Altbier for an Octoberfest we'll be having. I am also going to smoke homemade sausages.
I'm thinking about calling my first batch Me Buzz You Long Time and am still looking for something clever for the October beer!!

I’m heading up to NH to Lake Winapasaki so no brewing for me. But there is a home brew store up there that I will be going to check out :)

However when i get home I get to keg my ESB and then the next weekend I get to do my pumkin ale!

...teachin' the_Wife to brew.

Worlds_Collide.jpg

Brewing a Schneider Weizen clone with cultured Schneider weiss yeast! This will go along with a batch of Ed's Oktoberfast ale I brewed last week to be served at my Oktoberfest party!

I am off to the MN State Fair this weekend, but I have the 999 Barleywine slated from brewing next weekend on the 6th. Along with an ESB as party of a parti-gyle session. Made some mods to the brew stand and am really excited to try the new changes.

Think I'm gonna go for a round of Orfy's Mild this weekend.

I want to do the Celis White clone I posted to the recipe thread too, but all my fermenters are full so it will have to wait until I rack my Munich Helles. Oh, and I need to still drink up my last dozen or so bottles of Wit to make room, heh. :drunk:

Heck ya I'm brewing. First time in months. I'm making an American Wheat, and a super hoppy IPA. Even better, I'm probably going to do both in one day. So for the first time in Falling Timber history I'll have two batches fermenting at the same time.:rockin::rockin::rockin::rockin:

Brewed my Señor Misterioso Vienna lager today. Did not go as well as usual but the beer is done and in the fridge and all of the cleanup is squared away. I've got my next three beers planned out and am already looking forward to the next one and maybe -- just maybe -- finally getting everything dialed in.

Chad

I'm putting my Oktoberfest-style Ale in the secondary and possibly brewing up an American Wheat!

bottling my choco-hazlenut porter sunday and if I can come up with a recipe that includes pale malt, nottingham, and everything else from the grocery, I'd love to brew a 2 gallon experiment. I just bought 2 1 gallons carboys for experimenting but have no hops :( anyone know of grocery items for bittering? PM me please, don't wanna get OT.

I'll be bottling my American Wheat, transferring my Sweet (Milk) Stout from primary to secondary, and brewing a Scotch Ale.

Just wish I could have a brew while doing all of this, but my doctor seems to think my recent stomach pains are related to a peptic ulcer...so no beer drinking for a while :(

I will be brewing up the Banana Bread Holiday Ale (see sig). I'm looking forward to seeing how this comes out. And bottling up my Bitter Woman clone.

Early Saturday morning will be brewing 10gal of Lake Effect Fuggledom. Kegging 10gal of Dude's Lake Walk Pale Ale.

This weekend I will be brewing 10 gallons of my 666 IPA. I also just pitched the yeast to 5 gallons of strawberry wine.

This weekend I will be brewing 10 gallons of cream ale for an upcoming homebrew club meeting. Five gallons will be fermented with 1056 Americal ale yeast and the other 5 gallons will be fermented with 1010 wheat. I have heard that both of these will make a nice cream also so I thought I would try them both this time and see which one I liked better.

I have my entire system tore apart working on re-tooling the control panel, but one way or another, I AM brewing this weekend. Probably something simple though - I haven't been in the mood for anything dark or heavy in some time...

Brewing up a brown porter tomorrow. It doesn't much resemble the original recipe because of shortages in hops, Notty, and crystal malts.

That will make 55 gallons in various stages on hand. Gotta get ready for winter!

It's labor day weekend afterall, so as little labor as possible. I am making two 5 gal batches of EdWort's Apfelwine!

I may go help a friend brew, he is doing a Watermelon Wheat using a watermelon as a mash tun. should make for interesting brewing.

Back