Put a tag on your dog! RANT!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

todd_k

Reaction score
If you own a dog, pay the $7 to put a freakin' tag on it with your phone # and/or address!!!!! I just spent the last 2 hours of my life with some 1 year old Boxer with a shock collar with a dead battery but no tag. No one was out looking for him so I had to call Animal Control. Maybe someone with some common sense will claim him.

Replace the battery and see what happens :D

...in Tas the dogs are chipped, just goto a vet and they can tell you where the dog has come from. You should see the see of the needle they use, about 3mm wide. My dog did not even flinch - Border Collie and feels NO pain.

That is ridiculous. Was it a good looking dog? I like boxers and they're not cheap!

Can you bring the boxer up with you this month? I'll drive up to Killington and pick him up. I love boxers, when I get my land, I'm going to have me a big 'ol pack (of rescue dogs), boxers, my lab/pit mix, bull mastiffs, and other REAL dogs. :D

dibby33 said:
Replace the battery and see what happens :D

...in Tas the dogs are chipped, just goto a vet and they can tell you where the dog has come from. You should see the see of the needle they use, about 3mm wide. My dog did not even flinch - Border Collie and feels NO pain.

My Golden is chipped as well. the chip was put in whe she was a puppy even before we got her. It's great peace of mind, even though she's such a cling-on that she's never run, and I almost never use a leash on her.

Floyd is chipped too but I wasn't about to take this dog to a vet to find out. I'm sure the county has access to that sort of thing. I feel bad having the dog sent to the pound but I couldn't take him and it's better then him running loose and getting hit by a car or freezing to death tonight.

My greyhounds have two collars & tag sets, are chipped and, like all retired racers, have ear tats. Around here, an uncollared dog running loose is assumed to be feral & dangerous to game & livestock. My neighbors take dog control very seriously. They control their dogs, best you do so.

Way too many people think letting a dog run free is doing it a favor and not tagging is just plain stupid.

I have one chipped and one unchipped dog. Professor Flash is the chipped dog and that is a good thing. He has such a great nose on him he will wonder for blocks following some trail until he realizes what he is doing then he is lost.

No, i am not a bad dog owner, he actually scales a 6 ft tall fence. I saw him do it one day while i was outside brewing and they were out running around.

Back