yay free EZ caps... and a question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheschire

Reaction score
So my job right now is a chef de par tis at the Butchart Gardens Dining room. (some of you might be familiar with the place) anyways, they sell cider from the bar and the come in sweet old style EZ Cap bottles and I get to take all the empties!!
My question is; I have some other EZ cap bottles from a local brewery that are 1 liter in size and I heard that larger glass bottles are weaker. Is this true? will a 1 liter EZ Cap bottle be able to handle the pressure of home brew if I carb properly?

So my job right now is a chef de par tis at the Butchart Gardens Dining room. (some of you might be familiar with the place) anyways, they sell cider from the bar and the come in sweet old style EZ Cap bottles and I get to take all the empties!!
My question is; I have some other EZ cap bottles from a local brewery that are 1 liter in size and I heard that larger glass bottles are weaker. Is this true? will a 1 liter EZ Cap bottle be able to handle the pressure of home brew if I carb properly?

It depends on the bottle, but if the cider is carbed, then the bottles should hold beer without any problems. I use Grolsch bottles quite a bit, and just replace the gaskets when they get worn a bit.

the one liter bottles arent the cider bottles but now that you mention it, the beer that came in them was carbed so Im assuming its meant to be able to withstand the pressure... I guess that answers my question:fro:

I get beer in the 1l ez caps and have put over 3 vols of CO2 in them with no problem. I probably wouldn't go much over that though.

Back