So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been a homebrew weekend for me. I bottled my APA and dry stout on Friday, and on Saturday I made an Oktoberfest. Currently relaxing with a cigar and my Oatmeal Russian Imperial Stout. Life is good! :mug:

Brewing my 6th batch this weekend. It's an over hopped American Amber Ale formulated by me in the hopes of big pine and citrus flavor/aroma and a strong malt backbone.

I brewed Ed's Rye IPA yesterday. It was my third AG, but the first two were 3.5G SMaSH batches to get familiar with the equipment. My grain bill from yesterday was twice as big and I ran into a couple of small complications draining the wort from the mash. The sparges went OK. I made a couple of other mistakes, but I have hope because my OG was 1.066 and the target OG was 1.064. It feels good to get the first 'regular' AG batch behind me. I'm looking forward to practicing my process again next weekend with Ed's kolsch.

Isn't it National Homebrew Day on Saturday. I'm brewing my first Edwort's Haus Pale Ale. I suspect that is a popular one around here.:tank:

Saturday, I'll be bottling an American Amber(ish) Ale and a California Common, and then brewing up my first Oberon Clone with a twist.

Should be a tasty, tasty weekend!

Breaking in my new outdoor burner this weekend! It will be nice to brew outside with cigars! Looking to brew a Bavarian Weizen and maybe mix up a batch of EdWort's Apfelwein.

I'm gonna kick off the weekend tonight by brewing my "Bride's Beer". I got the dreaded, "When are you going to brew something I'd drink?" question last weekend while I was boiling my Summerbrau, so I scoured the forum and created a light cream ale-ish recipe. She drinks Henry Weinhard's Blue Boar Ale, so I aimed for something with an SRM of 3 and a low hop profile. We'll see if I hit it right or not, otherwise I'll drop some berries in it and secondary. Heck, it's just what McMenamin's does!

Wish I was brewing this weekend... but I am ordering all of the goodies in order to brew next weekend. Got a monster IPA lined up that will be the most expensive brew under my belt to date. Going to be brewing the "Green Flash IPA" clone that was on the Jamil show a few weeks ago. Tons of hops additions and quite a bit of dry hopping as well.

I plan on brewing a basic Pale Ale on Saturday. I then plan on washing the White Labs California Ale yeast for the rest of my summer brews.

Was planning on a nice Pale Mild, but the weatherman rained on my weekend. The WHOLE WEEKEND!!!!!!!!

So, change of plans, 2.5 gallon countertop brewing extravaganza!!!!! That's right folks, 2 days of small batch brewing. Going to shoot for 4 beers, all milds. A pale, a dark, a 60/- Scotch and a bitters.

And in between, I got a line on a mini fridge for $25. This could be epic WIN!!!!!

No brewing this weekend. Going to FILs to play with cars or whatever. Pick up some car parts and bring back. Will probably take some homebrew down there though! Might bring back my Coke machine so I can put homebrew in that and have it handy in the garage this summer. And some pop. Probably. For the kids.

Not brewing on the weekend but Monday I plan to brew up a 5-gal batch of robust porter. I found an interesting recipe on the BeerTools website and decided to change it up a bit with a different hop profile and some vanilla beans in the secondary. This will be my first porter so I hope it turns out well.

Going to brew a small batch of premium lager Sunday or Monday when I'm off. This will be to fill the 3 gallon keg for a camping trip at the end of June. Six weeks should give me something quite drinkable.

Simple, just:

5lbs 2-row pale
5lbs Pilsner
1lbs Flaked Wheat

Saaz and Sterling, with a couple of packs of S-23.

Low temp in the mash, 145-148*F, this will be chugging beer. I will have PET bottles of other brews along for sipping.

Shooting for three batches in three weekends to get the pipeline full. In June I won't have a chance to brew.

:mug:

Brewing something I call Cilurzo's Combo IPA on Saturday and BM's Sterling Gold on Sunday. Life will be good in 4 weeks.

I was planning on brewing an English Brown Ale this weekend but it's supposed to rain all weekend so instead I plan on drinking a bunch of store bought English Brown Ale(probably some other stuff too:drunk:)

Planned on Big Brew day but got free tickets to see the Tigers loose on Saturday.

WTH not... I've been a fan from way back around '84. First real team I can remember rooting for and winning!

I'm rocking out some big brew day as well - 5G of the Saison, 5G of the Mild & 15G of Apfelwein - going to try fermenting in a Sanke... After this I'll have 65 gallons in between fermenter and tap - holy ****....

Brewing at a friend's house tomorrow for Nat'l HB Day and it's also his wife's birthday (she brews too). We're doing three batches: Irish Red Ale, Gumballhead clone and an IPA. I can't wait!

Just finished my entry for the Bee Cave Brewery Big Brew Bash! It's gonna bee good.:rolleyes: I'd give you the recipe, but then i'd have to kill ya.

Brewing a 2.5 gallon amber ale AG batch. First ever AG. I am only equipped to do partial mash. I figure to do a small AG batch for a friend who is visiting from DC. I think I am going to try to make cookies for the dog too. I have to break in this new 3 gallon BB I got for FREE. After this my pipeline will be full for the first time ever. 5 gallons of a hefe, 5 gallons Apfelwein, 5 gallons of "Everything but the kitchen sink" ale & 2.5 gallons of Amber ale

Derby party this weekend I'm taking my FES to, but next weekend I'm brewing my Dry Stout and APA.

Guess this thread will be bumped every weekend! I'm brewing the extra foreign stout on Sunday. Looking forward to seeing how brettanomyces claussenii sours the beer.

Well, I did the brew last night, but not what I set out to make. I ended up brewing up a batch of "Minute Wheat", using rice syrup solids and dry wheat malt. It is light and hopefully exactly what the bride will enjoy. No brewing tomorrow due to a wedding, but y'all have fun!

Back