First beer of the year?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david_42

Reaction score
Excluding what you slammed down at the party, what beer are you starting the New Year off with?

I'm going to crack a bottle of Black Panther Imperial Stout.

Ugh....beer...TODAY???? Only if it is made with aspirin.:drunk:

I didn't slam down anything last night, but did indulge in a nice limited edition oaked IPA and a Double dead guy...Two 750ml high abv bottles do pack a wee bit of a punch.

Later today though, I don't know...I have a fridge fill of mine own beer, plus 3 Belgians, a couple Two Hearted and a Yeti Stout..

Hmm maybe the stout.

Since I was royally hung over all day and night yesterday, I didn't touch a drop. Today will be a different story, though! For the Winter Classic, I have two six packs of Great Lakes IPA. For the rest of the evening, I have a six pack of Dead Guy. I probably won't need them all, but you never can tell.

I wanted to drink my Avery Inauguration Ale, but I forgot it at home. :drunk:

Since I was royally hung over all day and night yesterday, I didn't touch a drop. Today will be a different story, though! For the Winter Classic, I have two six packs of Great Lakes IPA. For the rest of the evening, I have a six pack of Dead Guy. I probably won't need them all, but you never can tell.

I wanted to drink my Avery Inauguration Ale, but I forgot it at home. :drunk:

Oh wait, no J Dundee's Honey Brown for you then? I hear it's the tits:p

(neener neener neener)

since im trying to empty some bottles for my first couple brews i had some Sam Adams cherry wheat after the ball dropped. have a couple more in the fridge so those will probably be tonight as well!

YES! Beer today! Unlike some people, I didn't stay up till all hours partying & getting plastered.

It's called being old.

YES! Beer today! Unlike some people, I didn't stay up till all hours partying & getting plastered.

It's called being old.

Hey, David- I stayed up until almost midnight, then crawled into bed with an adorable blue eyed blond that adores me. He even gave me a big kiss and told me he loved me.

(Yep, I partied with my 6-year-old nephew last night. He was way more fun than most other people anyway. Except he kicks in his sleep.)

I LIKE being old.

I'm having a Full Moon right now. Not my favorite, but pickin's was pretty slim in our little hometown Food Lion. Still, I think it's a nicely flavored little ale. Not bad to drink as I prepare some sausage chili. A little for the chili, a little for me...

I'd LOVE to be having my own brew, but alas, with all the recent moving it just hasn't happened. All my brew stuff is still in storage.

On the bright side, we have made considerable progress in clearing space in the woods for a shop...with a dedicated brewing area! For me! All for me!! :ban:

Yoop, sounds like you had my kinda New Year's Eve! Ain't nothing better than curling up with a fella who loves you to pieces...

Yup, no partying last night for me either. Had a couple beers watched some Red Dwarf and called it a night.

I am severley tempted to sample something from my barley wine stash, but for once in my life I seem to have some restraint! I just can't bring myself to open one!

I am sure it will pass. Oh little Old Foghorn, I'm coming for you...

:D

Had a couple friends over (one brought some tanguray). Had some homebrew and pizza, a couple gin n tonics, and fell asleep watching Strange Brew (the friend who brought the gin is from Canada and staying with us for a while and had never seen it!) :)

Oh.. and as far as new beer I'm going to drink whats in my keg (2row, honey, chocolate malt, and way more cascade than any one beer needs).

I'll be trying out some Odin Trunk Schlossbrau ( Castlebrew ) that MIL brought me from Germany.

It's made by a guild that does the medieval sword and armour thing, and they also make their own beer. It's supposed to be pretty good.

DSC00060.JPG

Adding insult to injury, I'm definitely going to open up my bottle of Stone Ruination today. The perfect beer for an "optimistic" new year. :cross:

Yes and no....

Technically by Utah state law it is illegal, but that has been superseded by the federal law allowing it, and just never taken off the books.

There are a few funny things about the Utah law..........
technically, it is leagle to sell the equipment and ingredients to make it, but illeagle to actually make it.

And you could come over to my house and drink my beer, but it would be illeagle for me to take my beer over to your house.

When we had our store, we would sometimes have beer classes and tastings, which were ok as long as it was after store hours, and nothing could be sold, it was considered a private event, only by invitation.

Yes and no....

Technically by Utah state law it is illegal, but that has been superseded by the federal law allowing it, and just never taken off the books.

There are a few funny things about the Utah law..........
technically, it is leagle to sell the equipment and ingredients to make it, but illeagle to actually make it.

And you could come over to my house and drink my beer, but it would be illeagle for me to take my beer over to your house.

When we had our store, we would sometimes have beer classes and tastings, which were ok as long as it was after store hours, and nothing could be sold, it was considered a private event, only by invitation.

Wow, thats insane. Sorry to be off topic it's just interesting :p

No home brew ready yet. will bottle some belgium Dark Abby today, intently watching 5 gal of Apfelwein bubble away and will sip some Sam Adams Winter Lager. wish everyone a happy new year!

Bad news: No bottles of homebrew left in the fridge:mad:

Good news: Someone abandoned three bottles of Two-Hearted in my fridge last night:D Silly drunks, Two-Hearted is for kids.

The remaining two won't last long. I'm not impressed with Larry Bell but damn does his brewery turn out a delicious IPA

Last night I was at my local bar and I got to choose four bottles to share with the people in the bar I like (just the locals that are all friends) and so I chose Russian River Beatification and Redemption, Cantillon Kriek 100% Lambic, and Firestone Walker 12. I had a bit of each one, but I think I was drinking the 12 at midnight.

Started off drinking the American Barleywine i had brewed about 11 months ago

and started off the brew year with my first AG... a Scottish 80 schilling

Sadly, I grabbed an MGD when I felt like i could stomach anything. Bad choice. That is not a good beer.

But I picked up some Sam Adams Sparkling Ale, which I think is like a Trippel, and I think it was pretty good. Had one of them the NEXT day!

Back