What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've heard many good things about this but it's my first time actually getting a glass in front of me. Quite delicious, I must say. It's a grapefruit bomb with other citrus and floral notes. An exceptionally smooth bitterness makes this an especially enjoyable IPA.

20130312_210700-177.jpg

I picked up two double Crooked Trees on the way home. Owner at the bottle shop said it weighs in at 12% but doesn't have a strong alcohol taste. Can't wait to crack them open!

Victory - Helios. Nice change of pace for me. Has a character(s) that reminds me of my honey ale. Just more stronger grassy lemony citrus-bitter.

DisturbdChemist said:
It's my 25th birthday Sunday and yes its Saint Patrick's day. Best birthday of them all!! I need to pick what I want to consume on my birthday? Decisions decisions...Mmm....

I know what you need to drink. This extra SA Triple Bock I have laying around. ;)

I'm planning on heading to Buffalo Bayou Brewery on Saturday so I'll drink one for ya a day early.

I picked up two double Crooked Trees on the way home. Owner at the bottle shop said it weighs in at 12% but doesn't have a strong alcohol taste. Can't wait to crack them open!

Not much of a IIPA drinker and haven't had this years, but Double Crooked Tree is about the only IIPA I'll drink. Really enjoyed it on draft last year.

I know what you need to drink. This extra SA Triple Bock I have laying around. ;)

PM headed your way.

I'm planning on heading to Buffalo Bayou Brewery on Saturday so I'll drink one for ya a day early.

Thanks man. I'll be drink Saturday too lol. I don't know where yet.

We need to do a in person trade for it :). Got a few beers with your name on it. I'll drink the triple on my birthday for sure if we can trade soon..

DisturbdChemist said:
We need to do a in person trade for it :). Got a free beers with your name on it.

Yes we do. It's been sitting in the beer closet waiting for you ever since we talked about it. Not like it was in danger of being drank around here.
Dry hops will be going into my DIPA and Sorachi Belgian IPA this week, so those will be bottled and ready to be hand delivered to you as we'll.

Yes we do. It's been sitting in the beer closet waiting for you ever since we talked about it. Not like it was in danger of being drank around here.
Dry hops will be going into my DIPA and Sorachi Belgian IPA this week, so those will be bottled and ready to be hand delivered to you as we'll.

Those sound amazing. I got some DIPA, mild ready and a triple ill have on tap/bottle soon. Also, I'll give you one of my sour I made also to get some feed back. I got a ipa and sour in the works and I'm think on my birthday make a nice RIS while drinking some good stuff. Lol

DisturbdChemist said:
Those sound amazing. I got some DIPA, mild ready and a triple ill have on tap/bottle soon. Also, I'll give you one of my sour I made also to get some feed back. I got a ipa and sour in the works and I'm think on my birthday make a nice RIS while drinking some good stuff. Lol

Sweet! I love Triple and sours. That also reminds me, I need to bottle my Belgian Golden w/Brett this weekend if I get a chance.

Bell's Expedition. Really good stuff can't believe I've never had it. One or two are going in the cellar for next year!

YMVA (my knock-off of Yooper's Dead Guy knock-off).

The batch turned out somewhat inconsistent, but this one is a good one. w00t

My Pliny attempt. I didnt get close to the real deal but would have to say if you get a chance to brew it,it should turn out great. I hit 6.6% but its still full of greatness. The rest of this batch will make it to my fridge very soon. Very worth brewing. Im actually getting more of a stone or lagunitas out of mine than Russian River. Mine was sweeter and not as clean/dry/ but still had great hoppiness.

Long, crappy day. My car engine blew up on the freeway. Skipped beer for my 13% abv Gerwurztraminer back-sweetened with white grape/peach juice. Packs a punch

ForumRunner_20130312_230203.jpg

Long, crappy day. My car engine blew up on the freeway. Skipped beer for my 13% abv Gerwurztraminer back-sweetened with white grape/peach juice. Packs a punch

View attachment 107269

That sucks man. Did it blow up like I have seen in cartoons? just a massive exposion and you have black face? :D

Sorry about the car but 13% will do you some good.

Finally home from a LONG trip out of town. Having a few HB'ed bitters before hitting the sack. Headed to the LHBS later to pick up some stuff after I get a nap.

DisturbdChemist said:
It's my 25th birthday Sunday and yes its Saint Patrick's day. Best birthday of them all!! I need to pick what I want to consume on my birthday? Decisions decisions...Mmm....

Baby sweater in the beer fridge?

Happy early birthday!

Baby sweater in the beer fridge?

Happy early birthday!

Thanks a lot. Its going to be low key event. I would call it a fridge just a closet with beer i need to drink lol

Its the Markers Mark Bottle sweater I got from them. I havent tried to put it on my pets yet. When I need a laugh I'll do it :mug:

Makers_Mark_Christmas_sweaters_ambassadors1.jpg

That sucks man. Did it blow up like I have seen in cartoons? just a massive exposion and you have black face? :D

Sorry about the car but 13% will do you some good.

Not quite, but there was a pretty loud pop when the rod went through the engine block followed by a cloud of black smoke and oil out the back. High abv is always the answer to those situations! :tank:

Happy Birthday (since I'm sure I won't remember to say so on Sunday.) It looks like it will be a good one no matter what you choose out of the closet! :mug:

Might I suggest you pick up a helmet video cam? That way you can replay your beers later on to fill in any memory gaps. ;)

Back