Bored of the old keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monster Mash

Reaction score
I was getting tired of making labels for every beer I brewed and for the last couple months I've been too busy to come up with ideas so my beer taps went unmarked which confused the locals.

I decided to make a change which actually made the freezer look much better and easier for people to understand what was on tap.

The old...
Collartaps9.jpg

DSCN2955.jpg

The new and improved version....
2E73898C.jpg

CCD9520D.jpg

F982DAB3.jpg

I couldn't get the last picture to turn out the way it actually looks at night but the UV LED's make the colored chalk glow so it looks much better in person.

The black chalk board paint makes the wood look better but it shows the dents more. So far it is working, people don't keep asking "what's this?, what's this" since it is much clearer now.

Nice job! Unless of course someone who doesn't know how to pour beer foams up a glass and spills all over the chalk.

That is one drawback to the chalk, the other is that I had to hide the chalk from a couple pranksters in my neighbor hood because when I'd turn my back they'd write stupid things on it....:smack:

I like it! What's inside the vials? I really like how you made them stylistically similar but distinctly different.

Hey Monster,

I love your setup UV light and chalkboard setup and I'm currently in the beginning of my keezer build. I was hoping you wouldn't mind sharing some of your secrets in your build; imitation is the sincerest form as they say. I was wondering, does your setup have rope lights or individual lights in it? I assume your front panel isn't flush with the body since the lights have to go somewhere. Did you splice your plug into your regulator or somehow run it out back? I love how clean it looks and would like to figure out something similar. Being a broke college student, I don't mind having to plug it in every time if it's clean lookin, but if I find a plug in setup, that'd be pretty cool too. Any advice you have would be super helpful. It is a beautiful piece.

I like it! I was in the same boat and I had not even served a beer in my keezer yet. I knew I would not keep up with labels, so went with chalk also. I recently bought some bistro markers to try on the chalk board. I'm a little afraid to use them after reading that some people could not get it off their board.

DSC_0390.jpg

So any of those night flying lights are UV? I just want to make sure before I purchase them and find out that it doesn't make that chalk pop.

Back