What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On my third Oberon in about 25 minutes... man do these go down fast, especially after building a fence from scratch all day. Glad I have about 4 or 5 more left in the fridge!

I hate it when that happens. Seems like you should be able to get a refund.

Out of all the times I've had this beer, this is the only time I've gotten a skunked bottle. The place I normally get it is good about keeping it away from light, and I always grab the bottle from the back just to be safe. But I guess some times there's nothing you can do though and they can't control what happens before they get it. I still don't know why European brewers insist on exporting green bottles, but it was still drinkable and I'm not particularly worried about it. I'm chalking it up as a fluke.

N0gne 0 /Dugges Sahti-retired now.Very good juniper/honey bready pasty malt sweetness presence.The honey aroma is very big.Good amount of flakey yeast chunks though. Glad i picked it up.I would have never guessed wheat and rye which i just read,now i get its "breadiness".Pretty tastey Sweedish/Norwegian beer.Reminds me of of some of mikkeller hopseries single hop beer malt base.Another good beer i passed up for the last year or two.

Shift pale lager from New Belgium(you know-fat tire?):D I like this the more i try it(last of the 4 pack which ive had 2 weeks ago)Its like an appely lager pale ale its fairly hoppy considering they say its "lightly hopped" which is a pretty modest description considering.Not saying its a hop monster,just that it is a decent hoppy lager with a unique style/character-seems to be bashed alot- i think its pretty worthy.Maybe not for "Ranger-haters" though.:rolleyes: Seems the term "lager or light avb" is so frowned upon amoungst the raters.I cant recall any light lager/low abv lager being rated anything other than terrible.Maybe i havent looked enought but that seems to be the trend kinda how good light clean tasting lagers are so terrible.Its a style. It should be rated to style"light lager" I dont really understand that-seems just like snob-hate or something.
I think pale lager is like in between premium lager and pale ale-maybe thats obvious but new to me. I kinda like it now when i didnt at first,kinda like 2 hearted ale.

Yeah, it's pretty darn tasty!!

Wish i had a fresh one,may be my favorate imperial ipa ever,so far.definatly in my top 5,easily.Not a big imperial ipa fan either but do like them just not too often,if ya know what i mean. In a love/hate kinda way.

Not a fan of Guinness. However, I am drinking a Guinness clone. Made it for a friend and still not a fan. Much more roast, but still not enough character.

Magic hat #9 -finally got around to trying this.Not shure how fresh it is but meh and ok and reminds me of Shipyards fuggles ipa some.Just glad im not stuck with a sixer of it.

jonmohno said:
Magic hat #9 -finally got around to trying this.Not shure how fresh it is but meh and ok and reminds me of Shipyards fuggles ipa some.Just glad im not stuck with a sixer of it.

Prolly wasnt fresh. Id give it another go later on and see what you think

Prolly wasnt fresh. Id give it another go later on and see what you think

Yeah i was gonna say ive only seen a love/hate thing with responses with this beer,ill try to scout out a fresher one sometime.Bottle says to drink fresh also.It says it has a freshness date at the neck,but really? I didnt see one. I really like the fact alot of breweries put a date on them though.I usually check before buying even though people give you looks like your trying to steal them or something.
Now having a red nectar-best commercial amber ive had in a while.

Far right. Friggin spot on.

image-3699029573.jpg

Back