12V pump

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
interesting find.
wonder what materials the head pump section consists of.

It doesn't look like the impeller in that one is magnetically coupled to the drive, which is a distinguishing feature of the March-type pumps. This may or may not be an issue depending on your application. It probably wouldn't stand up well to being throttled back with a valve like many folks do for recirculation or sparging.

Also the March pumps are around 6 gallons per *minute* (360 gph) compared to this one's advertised 103. Again, may be fine depending on your application, just a couple differences that jumped out at me.

Thats an interesting little unit :D From the size i woudlnt think it was a mag drive so that would lead me to think it was shaft drive and it would have a shaft seal. Im sure they have a seal in there rated for the specs but if the seal ever breaks and liquid floods the motor its good bye Charlie!
You can get teh 809's in 12v and 24v versions too...but they are more popular with the solar guys never seen one used for brewing yet.

-Walter

Some people in the UK forum use these and they regulate them with 12 v model train track controllers.

Back