What juice do use?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

renshaw

Reaction score
I was just wondering,
what apple juices do you use?
What's the best for quality and what's the best for value?

is their something you've tried what doesn't work.

thanks

:)

I'm currently using Copella for my cyser, but its not finished so can't realy comment on it yet, bit pricey though for the amount you need!

I use apple cider from local apple orchard, they pasteurize it but do not add any additives or preservatives.

thanks for the feed back guys!
I know their is a post based on different yeast types.

But not allot about juices.

I use fresh from the closest orchard (around 20mins away). Also use their honey. Has never done me wrong.

No idea where my closet orchard is :( and i doubt their really is one near me and the middle of England.

Google seems to think Nottingham is good for apples...
I ended up going to the local farmers market to find someone that would sell me bulk honey. There was also a guy selling apple and pear juice that I plan on trying at some point. I would advise the same, go find a farmers market and get some numbers / samples.

Google seems to think Nottingham is good for apples...
I ended up going to the local farmers market to find someone that would sell me bulk honey. There was also a guy selling apple and pear juice that I plan on trying at some point. I would advise the same, go find a farmers market and get some numbers / samples.

I've tried apple and pear juice before, turned out really watery with little to no flavour. Aging didn't help!

Back