Bob just staggered off to bed......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So Bob was toasted tonight. (his words). I had to LOL though, because I am also "toasted". Earlier tonight he said, " I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet."

So, by Bob's count, if you are drunk on a Saturday night, but it's only 6:30, KEEP DRINKING.

Just now, he staggered off to bed after a couple more beers.

He's yelling from the bedroom that the music is great (Neil Young) and to turn it up.

I think Bob will have a headache at 6 AM.

I don't know about you, but even though I'm drunk myself, I find this hysterically funny.

Those of you who have met Bob will find it even funnier, I suppose. Bob is staggering drunk, blaming me and my "damn IPAs". I just said "good night, honey." as he stumbled through the cottage and hit the end table on his way to bed.

I know! Very few people can appreciate this, so I'm so glad you chimed in! Bob is always the voice of calm, stableness and reason. And he's flippin' staggering. I think it's so awesome. :rockin:

The fact that he's blaming me and my "hidden" abv in IPAs is secondary! I love the quote that he he was drunk at 6:30, but checked his watch and it was "too early to stop drinking". I think I'll use that forever more. :rockin:

Wanna hear something even funnier (to me)? As he staggered off, he said, "OMG. This will be all over the interwebs by tomorrow, won't it?"

I just smiled, like a good wife, and said, "Yes, dear".

Honey, I thought I told you to text me when he staggered off to bed drunk, not post about it!

Wish I could have been there! I could have helped him drink some of that IPA!

I actually hardly drank at all this weekend. Just felt a bit ill. Not really sick, but kind of under the weather. I might have a couple tonight. If I have time.

I'll set my alarm for 6:30 and see how I compare to Bob.

He was right, you can never stop drinking that early in the day. You really have to think of it this way: somewhere, there is someone who is still at work at 6:30 on a Saturday, and you have to soldier through for that poor schmuck.

Or the terrorists win.

Well, I hope he made it okay. Been a long time since I got drunk. Something about 90 minutes drives home (like Sat. night) that curtails my drinking. And I've never been one to drink heavily alone.

Got on Teamspeak and WoW last night and had a Magic Hat Autumn Seasonal, (which was pretty good IMO) and a half-glass of my own crappy Blonde. Coupled with the Benadryl I had taken earlier, I was ready for sleep after that. I thought of Bob as I looked at my watch at 8 o-clock and decided that I really needed to have that beer.

Got on Teamspeak and WoW last night and had a Magic Hat Autumn Seasonal, (which was pretty good IMO) and a half-glass of my own crappy Blonde. Coupled with the Benadryl I had taken earlier, I was ready for sleep after that. I thought of Bob as I looked at my watch at 8 o-clock and decided that I really needed to have that beer.

You guys really made me smile! Bob was hungover the next day, but pretended he wasn't.

I have NEVER seen him drunk and/or hungover before so it was really pretty funny. He's always the practical voice of reason around here. Of course, he blamed me which makes it even funnier.

You guys really made me smile! Bob was hungover the next day, but pretended he wasn't.

I have NEVER seen him drunk and/or hungover before so it was really pretty funny. He's always the practical voice of reason around here. Of course, he blamed me which makes it even funnier.

Like, after meeting Bob he does sort of come across as a fairly straight-laced individual. However, I never imagined that after living with you for so long that he didn't occasionally tie one on! I also thought there had to be some sort of carry-over. ;)

Like, after meeting Bob he does sort of come across as a fairly straight-laced individual. However, I never imagined that after living with you for so long that he didn't occasionally tie one on! I also thought there had to be some sort of carry-over. ;)

Well, if he's ever tied one on before, I never knew about it!

He's funny, smart, kind, intelligent, and many other things, but "straight-laced" is a perfect description. The first time he told me to go **** off, I laughed. Not because it was funny (we were obviously arguing!) but it was so incongruous. It was like being told to **** off by Barbara Bush.

LOL! Barbara Bush! I'll try not to call him Barbara next time I see him.

OT - I just saw the raffle in your sig. Just got some money in my paypal account from a guy who wanted to split a renewal for BYO. Sent that and the difference in to Babalu's fund! Good cause and everyone should take a look and consider giving! (Yes, I am talking to YOU!)

gives me an idea.

I have a ventrilo server.
perhaps a live chat pub drunkfest might be a fun way to kill a few hours. :fro:

gives me an idea.

I have a ventrilo server.
perhaps a live chat pub drunkfest might be a fun way to kill a few hours. :fro:

Sht! I've often thought about having a friend or two on TS while drinking a few beers and recording it. Sort of like a "Sunday Session", except with amateurs.

I think the only thing we need is beer, an IP address or server name, and a few topics to get the conversation started. (After all, we all know that conversations always degenerate towards S E X eventually anyways.. . (Or that could just be me...)

Latest posts

Back