The next person to complain about global warming . . .

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumbaa

I prefer 23383
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
is gonna get my foot planted directly in thier arse . . .

http://www.themilwaukeechannel.com/weather/index.html

**EDIT**
I wonder what chicky poo is doing to stay warm?:ban:

cold.jpg

Feels good, doesn't it?

I keep telling myself that. No wonder the Indians travelled south for the winter.

SwAMi75 said:
WTF are you on about? You live in fu**ing WISCONSIN! Didn't you read the brochure?! It is known for two things: Cold, and cheese.

SwAMi, I'm Illinoisian. Nothing WI about me.

Cheesefood said:
SwAMi, I'm Illinoisian. Nothing WI about me.

He's correct . . .
:ban: LITTLE KNOWN FACT TIME :ban:
Illinois is a ancient Ho Chunk word meaning Wisconsin Wannabe

WTF are you on about? You live in fu**ing WISCONSIN! Didn't you read the brochure?! It is known for two things: Cold, and cheese.

Why are you typing? get out side and start dumping massive amounts of CFCs into the air . . . I would be but my areosol cans froze up on me :mad:

Pumbaa said:
He's correct . . .
:ban: LITTLE KNOWN FACT TIME :ban:
Illinois is a ancient Ho Chunk word meaning Wisconsin Wannabe

Widely Known Fact:

Chunky Ho is a word describing most Wisconsin women.

RichBrewer said:
Wisconsin-Illinois same thing... :D
Careful buddy you are crossing a fine line there, but it is hard to tell the difference in the southern part of Wisconsin.

PS. I hope chicky poo isn't being a hypocrite in the next few days.

Cheesefood said:
Widely Known Fact:

No argument from me, thats why my SHMBO is an import :rockin: . . . not very good at keeping ya warm on night like the ones comming up though . . .

Cheesfood can you cuddle me?:tank:

Pumbaa said:
Why are you typing? get out side and start dumping massive amounts of CFCs into the air . . . I would be but my areosol cans froze up on me :mad:

Have you forgotten who you're talking to? CFC's are for chumps. I'm doing my bit, believe me. Your Holsteins have nothing on me as far as methane output. Plus, my boy Dude has undertaken The Great Pickled Egg Initiative, from which you stand to benefit greatly. :rockin:

Yipppeeee.. finally had some beers and posted on this forum!!! Just back from pub (waiting for some reports to run - fecking acountants and end of month ****e).

HHEEEELLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOO

EDIT : for ****e read ****

dibby33 said:
Yipppeeee.. finally had some beers and posted on this forum!!! Just back from pub (waiting for some reports to run - fecking acountants and end of month ****e).

HHEEEELLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOO

EDIT : for ****e read ****

Bwahahahaha! Classic. :rockin:

Ize

I like this weather. I say this a few years after I stoped driving my car that didn't have heat. I drove that thing for years, and one year I only wore shorts to school.

Reports done! good job too. me piddled. off home to drink some real beer. have to do some plastering (drywall to yeees across the pond). That should be fun. Thirsty Thursday!!!

If I might quote a young lady from Greece (ca 1970), "My god, you're talking Fahrenheit!":eek:

Cheesefood said:
Widely Known Fact:

Thank God that I'm a mile north of Wisconsin, I guess.

You southerner's down south in Wisconsin and Illinois- quit your bellyaching! It's not supposed to even get up to 0 here until next Wednesday! We might actually have a fire in our wood stove this weekend, if it stays that cold.

3 years and 3 months until retirement- only 3 more winters in the beautiful northwoods!

Yooper Chick said:
Thank God that I'm a mile north of Wisconsin, I guess.

You southerner's down south in Wisconsin and Illinois- quit your bellyaching! It's not supposed to even get up to 0 here until next Wednesday! We might actually have a fire in our wood stove this weekend, if it stays that cold.

3 years and 3 months until retirement- only 3 more winters in the beautiful northwoods!
I think we are supposed to be a few degrees warmer than you but I'm getting tired of it. About 42 days now with LOTS of snow on the ground.

Where are you retiring to?

RichBrewer said:
I think we are supposed to be a few degrees warmer than you but I'm getting tired of it. About 42 days now with LOTS of snow on the ground.

Where are you retiring to?

We don't have lots of snow on the ground this year, only about a foot or so.

:off:

I don't know where we're retiring to- Bob is thinking about maybe staying in Arkansas most of the winter and doing short trips to the Gulf Coast, etc. We'll probably still rent a place in the Bahamas for part of the winter, only be able to go for longer than 2 weeks. We are keeping our house here- we love it here in the summer, and we have 80 acres about 10 minutes from here in Wisconsin that we hunt on through deer season. So, it doesn't really matter to me unless I find a place I love. I need water, since we love to fish, boat and kayak. Otherwise, I'm happy anywhere it's a little (or a lot) warmer.

10 below is dangerous cold? Your nose hairs take a few seconds to freeze at that temperature, and you don't need gloves to avoid contact frostbite when opening your car door.

Try living in the Alaskan interior...

At -20, you get instant nose hair freeze and instant contact frostbite from metal door handles. -40 provides even more entertainment. -40 F = -40 C, so that's cool. And at that temperature you can throw a pot of boiling hot water in the air and watch it sublimate into vapor while it makes a cool "whoosh" sound. At -60, your fully inflated tires develop flat spots after being parked for 4 hours or more, and it hurts to breathe!

You can't handle a little -10 degree weather for a day? Weak.

Yuri_Rage said:
10 below is dangerous cold? Your nose hairs take a few seconds to freeze at that temperature, and you don't need gloves to avoid contact frostbite when opening your car door.

At -20, you get instant nose hair freeze and instant contact frostbite from metal door handles. -40 provides even more entertainment. -40 F = -40 C, so that's cool. And at that temperature you can throw a pot of boiling hot water in the air and watch it sublimate into vapor while it makes a cool "whoosh" sound. At -60, your fully inflated tires develop flat spots after being parked for 4 hours or more, and it hurts to breathe!

Shut up special forces guy!

LOL

Us civs are not trained to take that crap. So we complain. Heat wave today in lincoln NE. of 20. tomorrow and the next 6 days in the 10s with wind chills in the -teens.

I think i just felt my willy crawl into my stomach. weird.

ayrton said:
One of the side effects of global warming is more extreme winters, ironically.

>.< bend over >.<
this isnt an extreme for Wisconsin, it just a fact of life . . . but it still sucks
/punt

Yuri_Rage said:

says the guy in New Mexico . . . .

John Beere said:
So should I bring up that I haven't even put the top on my jeep this whole year? Granted, I did put the doors back on about six weeks ago...
You know- this really isn't adding to the conversation. ;)
Go ahead rub it in!

Why don't you do something constructive like shovel the snow off my roof so my walls will dry.:mug:

It's only been cold here by local standards, but January was a freaky month. We came close to the record low AND the record high on the same day! Plus we've had about ten times as much snow as normal. Normally, in the winter, we have cool and rainy or cold and clear. December and January we had cold and snow.

I just wish I'd get my van back from the dealer. I've got a loaner, a Ram 1500 quad cab. The hood is so long and the suspension so soft, that I feel like a riverboat pilot pushing a couple barges. Really a sad item, 1100 pounds heavier than my Sprinter and 1/4 the load capacity. But, it's very big and very red and has way too much power, so they probably sell a bundle of them.

david_42 said:
It's only been cold here by local standards, but January was a freaky month. We came close to the record low AND the record high on the same day! Plus we've had about ten times as much snow as normal. Normally, in the winter, we have cool and rainy or cold and clear. December and January we had cold and snow.

It's like what they say about the weather around here.

You don't like it, move the f*ck away.

RichBrewer said:
Wisconsin-Illinois same thing... :D

That, sir, was COMPLETELY uncalled for. WTF did we ever do to you???:D

ayrton said:
One of the side effects of global warming is more extreme winters, ironically.

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read in my life. Besides, 5 days of barely-below-zero low temps hardly constitute an extreme winter. Back in the late 80s we had a winter where it didn't get above zero for a month straight. Now that would be extreme, and no one was harping about global warming then.

I for one, say it's about time. I love this weather, and if anyone doesn't, then move. Lorena, when I retire I'll prolly move NORTH, not south......mebbe you can sell me your house:D

I see your problem right here.

In Figure 1 we can plainly see that the UFO is causing global warming as evidenced by the Sun melting the clouds in Figure 2.

fig1.JPG

Fig2.JPG

Yuri_Rage said:
...who spent the 4 years prior to arriving in New Mexico in Fairbanks, Alaska....
I spent time in the dessert so I know about the heat too . . . trick is the heat isnt near as bad when you're 4000 miles away from it

the guy in the keg said:
That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read in my life. Besides, 5 days of barely-below-zero low temps hardly constitute an extreme winter. Back in the late 80s we had a winter where it didn't get above zero for a month straight. Now that would be extreme, and no one was harping about global warming then.

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
I remember that whenI was a kid. It was like a month below 0 and half of that was at -20 to -40 with windchills at -80. I was in Jr high I think but remembering running from the gym to my moms car after some sports thing with wet hair, hit my head as I got in the car, and had a bald spot from where the hair broke off . . . That was just after they got done preaching to us about Global Cooling

Back