Weyerbacher variety

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

landis

Reaction score
Looks like I didn't plan my brew schedule appropriately, and I found myself drinking my last witbier last night with 2 cases of SNPA clone sitting in the basement a week and a half away from completion. I try to keep reigns on my beer spending, but I don't think I can hold off for almost two weeks with no beer so I took a trip to the distributor during lunch today. I was looking around for a nice deal and found a Weyerbacher variety case for $25 (usually sells for $38). Yeah, I know PA had ridiculous beer prices, but it was nice to see a sale on a microbrew.

Never had anything other than their Blithering Idiot barley wine, so I'm excited to try:
Black Hole
Hops Infusion
House Ale
Winter Ale

I guess the inclusion of Winter Ale might mean this case was on sale because it was the dregs of last season, but I'm still looking forward to trying these out.

$38? IIRC my local distro is out of that specific case but it was more like $27 when it was on the shelf. I know I sound like a broken record but they have to ditch those awful labels.

Black Hole is tasty...Hops Infusion seems to have changed again and really isn't what it once was. I haven't had the House or Winter. The last time I bought their mixed case it was Black Hole, Hops Infusion, ESB & Scotch ale.

Just had their Slam Dunkel the other night and quite enjoyed that.

Wow, $27 - I guess North Penn beverage is a little pricey. A case of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is $30, and most Victory beers are $27 (Golden Monkey and some of the other specials are somewhere in the 30s). Which distributor do you usually go to? It might be worth the trip if the prices are that much lower.

The House Ale was a little sweet for my taste - would make for a decent session beer, but nothing to write home about. I enjoyed the Black Hole and Hops Infusion, but I haven't gotten around to the Winter Ale yet. Oh, and I agree with you on the labels - looks like the Black Hole label was made sometime in the 80s and never updated.

I don't know what it is, maybe the house yeast, but I just don't care for Weyerbacher brews. I guess the best they have for me is the Double Simcoe, but I just can't see paying those prices for that beer. Just me I guess.

Wow, $27 - I guess North Penn beverage is a little pricey. A case of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is $30, and most Victory beers are $27 (Golden Monkey and some of the other specials are somewhere in the 30s). Which distributor do you usually go to? It might be worth the trip if the prices are that much lower.

NP Bev isn't awful price-wise from what I recall...their selection of craft/micro was a little light. I usually bounce between a few places depending on where I am when though B&B in Doylestown is usually my first stop. Next time I go in, I'll take note of their price on the variety and PM you. Link in Coopersburg had it at 27 as well IIRC. The Big Beer variety pack (Merry Monks, Double Simcoe, Blithering Idiot & Old Heathen) usually retails for $35-38.

Back