My first kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just figure out which kit that you want based off your taste.. Then ask/search these forums for all the answers you need :)

Tell him what kind of beers you enjoy, let him know you are new and let him talk you through the kit. My suggestion would be to go with some sort of assembled in the shop kit as opposed to something like a coopers kit but this is because you can generally get better results from using unhopped malt extract and steeping grains for flavor as opposed to kit in a can type brews. That is not to say that you cant make decent beer with those kits I just mean typically you can make better beer with adding your own hops and steeping grains. This is all assuming you are planning on doing extract and not jumping in to full grain right off the bat. Also do yourself a favor and pick up a copy of John Palmers book How to Brew.

Back