Planning phase...soliciting controller advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintopher

Reaction score
I want to build a counter top brutus (I think I'm labeling it correctly) but on a larger scale. Boil kettle will be a 62 qt bayou classic with a 5500w element and mash tun will be 10 gallon drink cooler. There's plenty of documented info on that system and wiring for an appropriate PID controller, but here's the twist. I'd like to have the capability to rig the control box up to a 20 or 24 qt pot with a 2000w element and 3 gallon drink cooler to do small batches either for testing or travel purposes.

Is it possible to wire a control box that can be fed with 120 or 240 to power up the appropriate element on a single PID? I'd like to somehow merge PJ's drawings of 2000w BIAB and 5500w BIAB drawings but I'm not quite sure about where I'd put switches to select which input/element to use.

Can anybody point me in the right direction? That or tell me it's a pipe dream and go back home. Thanks in advance.

Clint

Latest posts

Back