What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you think of that beer? When I saw the name I was sort of expecting it to taste somewhat like a Flanders Red...but it doesn't at all. I guess I was expecting more sour and was disappointed.

Dude you are on a roll!

[Edit] meant for adamjackson!

Yeah. guys were wondering why I've brewed so much homebrew this year. I generally drink 3 750MLs a day..no hangover..never really feel buzzed. I guess a high tolerance?

If it feels spammy, I'll stop posting so much. It's cool to share here what I'm drinking.

What do you think of that beer? When I saw the name I was sort of expecting it to taste somewhat like a Flanders Red...but it doesn't at all. I guess I was expecting more sour and was disappointed.

Yeah. This came as a part of my "rare beer club" in June I think. It's basically very much a Flanders Red (Think Rodenbach) but less tart and maybe more oaky and more lemon and just a hint too much Vinegar. It's not that great. Catchy name but 3.6 out of 5 on the scale.

Here's my ratebeer review:

3.6 AROMA 7/10 APPEARANCE 4/5 TASTE 6/10 PALATE 5/5 OVERALL 14/20
adamjackson (757) - Canaan, New Hampshire, USA - OCT 16, 2012
Received this as a part of the Rare Beer Club. 750ML C&C enjoyed at 60F in a Hill Farmstead Glass.

A - Reddish brown appearance. 3 finger head that fades fast to half a finger. Lacing is nice.

S - A tart Rodenbach nose with hints of oak and cherries.

T - Up front is cherries and almost a sugary sweet mango taste. Middle is oak and dry vinegar. Finish is metallic copper and honey with a hint of dark fruits like raisins.

M - Heavy carbonation and a medium body.

O - This is a decent beer. It’s very drinkable, the alcohol is well hidden and it has a very nice tart balance. Maybe too much vinegar? I honestly can’t tell.

I'm NOT a beer expert so I'm sure people that have had this will have critiques. It's drinkable but for what I was charged (about $18 USD), I'm not sure it was worth it. Just get a Rodenbach for $11 LOL.

Southern Tier Unearthly Imperial IPA. Very nice 9.5% IPA. Caramel sweetness balanced incredibly well with aggressive citrus hop character and strong malt backbone. Somewhere between a DIPA and imperial amber. Delicious!

image-4014552258.jpg

Sprecher Redhead ale. KInda ok/sucks. There. I said it. I do really like there Hooligan English Pale Ale-think its kind of awesome. Seems what Ive had of WI beers is mostly average with the exception of New Glarus. The beers in my state are not all that either. Although a few good standouts from a few breweries. Guess I havent tried some of the smaller good WI beers yet either that some locals point out which I havent heard of. Guess you gotta be there!?

View attachment 79807

This is up next. LOVE Gueuze. 375ML format at 6% AVB so manageable.

Oooh where'd you get that?

I really love gueuze, but they are hard to come by in these parts. Not to say I haven't had the chance to drink some good ones, but I really have to work at it.

As to what I'm drinking now...I thought I was close to killing my keg of IPA (I have another one on deck), but I simply couldn't finish it off tonight before I decided to change gears.

Now I'm back on my mild. We'll see if I can get a photo posted...

Oooh where'd you get that?

I really love gueuze, but they are hard to come by in these parts. Not to say I haven't had the chance to drink some good ones, but I really have to work at it.

Up in these parts, the beer fanatics that go and buy up all of the Lambic Gueuze are very few. LA, Boston, NYC, Miami..those cities get this stuff in stock and then 1-10 people buy as much as possible since the best-by date is 10 years from now. So they cellar it and drink it over time!

I bought 4 bottles of 750ML Tilquin Gueuze at Hunger Mountain Co-Op for $20 a piece and a few 375s. It's in stock still so maybe I'll get more. It's best by 2022.

Those are perfect. I mean, that is. The tumbler.I like the picture(on the beer,so round.., uhh..I mean the square picture of beer with beer in it). I gotta go now.

If I lived in MN, I may not even brew...just drink Surly.

Yeh, they make good beer for sure. But there's a lot of amazing breweries here in the TC's, not just Surly. Don't get me wrong, they make some of the best beer in the Midwest, but I think a lot of us here take them for granted.

D@mn son, nice night. I definitely gotta come up and drink in your neck of the country someday soon. Know any good places to stay? ;) :mug:

Southern Tier Unearthly Imperial IPA.... Delicious!

View attachment 79798

Oh man, love that one! Have you had Gemini?

HPIM1193.jpg
Ok, so I was drinkin' with friends tonight and don't have all the pics..... but, tonight began with Chasin' Freshies, then went on a Hop Trip that ended in a Hop Crisis. I decided to move on to something classic.

Nice. Very nice.

Very much agreed! Photoshop and all, I bet she smells pretty. :cross:

Digging through my kegerator/beer fridge/haven of sacred manhood, I found this bottle;

HPIM1194.jpg
Nice score considering that I can't source this, or any BridgePort beers locally anymore. Being a hopeless hops addict, this one really hits the spot. I love the Czar, but the Kingpin is truly the ruler of that kingdom. (By "that", I mean BridgePort, I know there's plenty of 'hoppier' beer out there.)

OOH a weekend beer drinker? I've debated going that route but beer is amazing!

Not worth the price on that coffee. It's great but I splurged this month and got it $30 for 12 ounces. WAY overpriced. Most Sumatra and Ethiopian coffees are comparable for half the price.

I did a post a while back on my blog with my coffee setup - http://adam-jackson.net/blog/2012/09/13/for-the-love-of-coffee/ including amazon links.

Yes a weekend beer drinker for a while now I think.... It's tough, but all my RIS and IIPA are gone for now. I still have a case of RIS at my parents to 'hide out' for some time to age a long time. I was drinking beers a good 2-3 times during the week, but my brother has a wedding coming up in February, so I wanted to start early to trim down a bit.
Beer is amazing, and I do miss my week day beers.

I try drinking black coffee, and it just does nothing fo me, maybe I just havn't had the right one?? I drink it regular (cream and sugar for you guys that dont know that NE talk, lol).
I wish I had some now, but we're out of cream/ sugar here at work :(

Anyways, im drinking.... water

Tried the Harpoon UFO Pumpkin last night. Smells nice but just tastes of spices and is very thin. Now to give them away to non-craft beer friends who will think it's novel.

Sample from the carboy of my Belgian Golden with Brett. 2 1/2 months in. Horsey, barnyard, slight leathery aroma and flavor. Still doesn't seem quite ready yet.

image-2319436450.jpg

Since it is my birthday, I will be cracking my Unibroue 17th Anniversary Grand Reserve. Longest I've cellared a beer (about 6 weeks... hahaha).

JordanThomas said:
Since it is my birthday, I will be cracking my Unibroue 17th Anniversary Grand Reserve. Longest I've cellared a beer (about 6 weeks... hahaha).

I love this beer. I've got two sitting in the basement right now.

Going for some(half) of this: Great apperance-nice aroma-good taste-great mouthfeel-more drinkable than sippable for its big abv. Still kinda salty like most the small batch series-Likable Bluemooner. Worth trying-good price.

SA cinder bock.jpg

Back