Burner selection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frige

Reaction score
I have been searching the treads and I have settled on a banjo design for the boil pot burner on my 3 tier stand. I will be using a converted keg and would like to brew 10 gal batches. This one looks nice. http://www.wayfair.com/Bayou-Classic-Banjo-Outdoor-Stove-with-Hose-Guard-KAB4-BAY1014.html

I see that some people are using the burners without a heat shield. Is there a reason for this? In my mind I see using the heat shield to focus the flames and prevent rollout.
Ideas?

I have the same burner and have not seen and pictures of anyone on this site using it without the wind guard. What you might be talking about is someone adding more shielding to what is already in place. You have to be careful not to chock the burner of air. I did this with my burner and stand. Put too much shielding around the burner and the flame was chocking. I removed only one piece and it burns like a champ now.

What I am planning is to set the burner into the 16x16 shelve for the brew pot. For the hlt I was going to use my old crawlfish boiler as it does not need as much heat and its free;). I would use the existing windshield and legs to weld it in place. This is the stand I am talking about.
brew006.jpg

Latest posts

Back