All Brett w/ Cantillon Dregs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soma

Reaction score
For the last 3-4 months I've been maintaining a culture of Cantillon dregs (a glass jar in my cupboard with wort and the dregs of probably 6 bottles of Gueuze, Lou pepe kriek/framboise, Iris etc). My idea is to brew a 1.054 beer (8lbs 2-Row, 4lbs unmalted wheat) around 8 IBU, pitch a brettanomyces brux. starter as well as the dregs. I've heard acid malt is helpful when brewing all-brett beers but I don't have access to it. Can a similar effect be achieved with lactic acid? Is it necessary if I have the dregs in there too?

It really won't be "all brett" because the cantillon dregs undoubtedly contain bacteria as well so you're going to get a different beer than if you just pitch the brett brux.

It really won't be "all brett" because the cantillon dregs undoubtedly contain bacteria as well so you're going to get a different beer than if you just pitch the brett brux.

Right, I guess I just meant that I wouldn't be pitching any significant amount of sacch.

Back