This might be the greatest...or the stupidist idea ever

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klainmeister

Reaction score
Ok ok, so i watched this video of these students who took dry ice and placed it in a fifth of vodka and inhaled the alcohol vapors. Since the vapors would enter your bloodstream much faster than drinking it, it was a quicker drunk with less fluid. My one problem with this is that the vapor was probably upwards of 75% carbon dioxide which is pretty bad and will probably make you more woozy than drunk.

So, i had this idea. What if you were to take an alcohol like everclear or 151 and held a lighter underneath the near empty bottle. Since it's above 50%, it would vaporize rather quick and you'd just inhale those fumes. Sounds retarded right....

Or is that the greatest new drinking trick ever?

(and yes, i have been drinking. damn apfelwein!):drunk:

Both ways sound like good methods of accidental suicide. Having become lightheaded from simply sniffing the top of a fermenter full of CO2, I wouldn't recommend intentionally huffing an alcohol/CO2 mix. Heating alcohol to achieve the same effect seems somewhat safer...until you accidentally ignite it and burn yourself up.

Otherwise...have fun...

I was in the mood for some BBQ but didn't have time for the hassle.

So I just chewed off a piece of bologna, took a swig of BBQ sauce and held a lighter under a can of lighter fluid for that full BBQ effect. :cross:

How do you spell KaBOOM?

Hey now, whenever we got down to the last shot of 151 we'd hold a match under it to vaporize it and then light the top, i don't think you could ignite it from outside the glass without a spark. once again, just in idear i had.

Hmmm, i think i've seen that before on campus.

My buddy who i am drinking with right now just reminded me though, "Isn't that essentially huffing paint thinner?"

...Damn!

Isn't that kind of like handing your SWMBO an, ahem, 'apparatus' when she tells you she's in the mood? I mean, it will get the job done, but you're missing all the fun!

With 151 and Everclear i'm not sure if i'm missing any of the fun. :)

The point was more experimentation that application if that makes sense. One of those "Hey can i get to the top of the hill" ideas. Not i need or should, just can i?

Those crazy brits. I wonder how much worse it is for you. It's either your brain or liver i suppose, you can't really live without either one.

Well, I ask you this: what's worse, consuming one shot of liquor over an hour, or 3-4? They'll probably have about the same effect on the brain, but the first option is hella easier on the liver. Of course it would metabolize out quicker, too.

Back