Maybe telling the noobs to search isn't such a great idea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, it's more like .2 grams.

I mean, come on...

Google is secretive about its energy consumption and carbon footprint. It also refuses to divulge the locations of its data centers. However, with more than 200 million Internet searches estimated globally daily, the electricity consumption and greenhouse-gas emissions caused by computers and the Internet is provoking concern.

What kind of article asserts, in its first paragraph, that Google searches use X amount of energy, then not two paragraphs later, say that nobody really has any idea how much energy google uses? Junk journalism, that's the kind.

Yup. That's what I thought, which is why I posted it in this forum. (I also searched to make sure it hadn't been posted before :D)

Plus if you scroll down at the bottom of your computer screen you will see a box with similar threads in it...there's 5 more threads...

Just scroll down...

Don't be sacred...

I'm a little drunk....I meant scared...but being a minister sacred tends to get typed more...sorry...

It's a new feature

It's really cool

Are we there yet, I really gotta pee?

Almost....

Down%20Arrow.jpg

Ain't that cool????

Wasn't there a superhero called the green arrow?

Sorry, but you are the first person I've seen with the new "similar threads" appearing at the bottom...I just hadda show it off...It just came online yesterday.
:D

Just scoll a bit further and beery nirvana is all yours//Have fun. :mug:

So much CO2... :)

But if we have them use the site search, and not the google does that consume less energy?? Im just sayin... ya know...

My guess is not. Then you would be using our servers which are probably the least energy efficient servers out there.

Back