Things I Will Miss in the Digital Age

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eljefe

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I recently moved and am unpacking boxes when I came across my relatively old albums. I remember the day I bought this record. The album cover was as powerful as the music. I recall looking at the sleeves of the album as I listend to each record. Sadly, there will be generations that miss out on this.

clash_london_calling_front_cover-300x300.jpg

V6Weh.jpg

the saddest thing in the world was seeing album racks filled with CD's in 12" long boxes :(

I remember that album. Had it somewhere,good album. I like there song "Stealin"...I was stealin when I shoulda been buyin.:ban: I still have many,including Led Zepplin's Physical Grafitti.

A lot of bands are still putting their albums on vinyl. when I come across a new album I really like I buy it on vinyl if I can.

Vinyl is on the comeback, and anyway, people can often still look through the sleeves in CD cases.

But let's be honest, MP3s are a MUCH more convenient form of music!

I still miss The Empire Strikes Back soundtrack I had when I was a kid. And I am still keeping my ET soundtrack with the graphic of ET printed on both sides RIGHT ON THE VINYL! Even though I do not have a record player of any sort anymore.

april 20 is already taken...record stores trying to capitalize on their "hungrier", "more interesting", customers on this special day...

GarageDweller said:
april 20 is already taken...record stores trying to capitalize on their "hungrier", "more interesting", customers on this special day...

Nah, it's always in the third Saturday of April. Just happened to be well timed this calendar year. I am not a huge vinyl guy, I own 2 records but I am interested in acquiring more. It's just fun really. One more thing to obsess over that isn't beer-related...

Dang I remember when reel to reel was the bomb and my dad had a Teac reel to reel.

Sad huh. But on the bright side I got tons of records.

I used to read through the CD inserts when I was first listening to an album and it was probably as enjoyable as looking at a vinyl cover.

Now people look at the artists web/social media pages, I'd guess to them that is as enjoyable as looking at a CD insert.

Side note - I loved inserts that had a lot of content. When they would only a single piece of paper and an album listing I was very disappointed.

Back