Bottled my first brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cncquinn

Reaction score
Hi everyone, brand new to here. 10 days ago I brewed my first batch of no boil diablo IPA and today I bottled it. Can't wait to give it a try. It smelt great. Just wanted to tell people that's all

Great news. Welcome to the site. Now the hard part waiting for them to carb up. I couldnt wait for mine. After one week tried one. then the second week tried a few more than 2. ha ha. Cheers

Nothing wrong with sacrificing one or two. I just did this with my first batch - put one in the fridge overnight after they'd been in bottles for about 12 days and tried it. The rest are going to condition for another week at least but it sure was good to know that my beer was going to be great!! IMO if you sacrifice one or two before you know they're done, you get a better feel for the conditioning progress. Plus you get to drink beer!

Congratulations, and welcome to the world of brewing! It's totally worth it to try some of it on bottling day. And if you thought it had great qualities on bottling day, you're bound to be even more pleased with it 3 or 4 weeks from now.

Just remember that when it comes to certain fuller flavored/fuller bodied styles of beer, it doesn't hurt to let it ferment for at least two weeks. And also know that regardless of how this one tastes a couple weeks in, it'll probably just get better and better with each new week. Patience is definitely a blessing to the brewer. :)

I couldn't wait to bottle my first beer either. Just remember that patience is a virtue in this hobby. I promise that you are going to drink the last few beers and wish you had waited because they are going to be awesome. Don't feel too bad though, we've all done it. :mug:

It will be hard to wait but it will be worth it. My buddy gave me some octoberfest yesterday (another no boil) so I already have that in the fermenter. I think I'm going to need to check Craigslist for another fridge. Lol

No I just did what the directions told me, I figure I will learn as I go

The reason he mentioned it was that ten days in primary then bottling may've been a little soon. The beer must be at FG before racking to bottling bucket. And giving it 3-7 days after FG to clean up fermentation by products % settle out clear or slightly misty would make better beer as well. That's why they say patience in brewing is a virtue.

Back