School Project

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redpipe67

Reaction score
Good day all,
I am writing as a complete novice to beer brewing, despite this I have been tasked with a project which involves brewing a gluten free beer so I'm hoping that some of the fine beer experts on this forum will be gracious enough to answer some question I have.
I will give you some background to my project and then list a few questions I have and hopefully someone will be able to assist.

My project consists of a small brewery startup run by 2 people. They have a purse of $200,000 to renovate a space large enough to contain the equipment nescessary to brew gluten free beer (an Ale not a Lager) and they will only brew 1 kind of this beer. Their product is very good and will be adopted by local restaurants and bars once production begins. All the nescessary licensing and insurance have been taken care of and we are at the stage of the project where we want to determine our ROI or return on investment. So basically how long will it take to recouperate $200,000.

As you are all very aware here, the beer brewing process has definite stages which take specific periods of time, what we have not done up to this point in our project is provide capacity for any of our equipment, I believe 10 hectoliter tanks are not too large but as I am not a beer producer, I do not understand if this is enough or what this will translate to in kegs (or whatever the correct means of containment would be to provide to bars and restaurants). So I will post my questions which I believe would allow me to calculate the ROI.

1. How long of a process from beginning to end would it take to complete a batch of Gluten free Ale?
2. What would be an ideal volume to be producing in this situation (providing between 4 and 6 establishments with our beer)
3. How much approximatley would the cost of ingredients be per batch based on the volume
4. How many man hours or labor would be involved
5. Delivery cost (what are options to deliver beer to establishments?)
6. How many kegs would be produced from each batch and how much would an appropriate price be for a keg?

I really hope I am asking the right questions, like I say, i'm a complete novice to beer making and am looking to the experts for advice with specifics.

Many thanks in advance with any advice and assiststance you are able to provide.

Back