What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This evening I'm enjoying a little Zombie Dust

2012_12_03_zombie_dust.jpg

I had a Left Hand milk stout (6% ABV) which blew my mind. My wife had picked it out randomly by style. Every time she sees 'milk stout' (which isn't often) she goes moooOoo. I would never because I've had a few mediocre experiences with milk stout. But on the very first sip of this Left Hand I knew that this is what it should taste like.

LHMS.jpg

I also have a bottle of left hand dark porter... looking forward to exploring more from Left Hand.

Oh yeah Left Hand milk stout is awesome. It is the one of the classic examples of the style in the BJCP style guidelines, in fact.

If you like that, you ought to try yourself some Terrapin Moo-Hoo.

Anyway, on to my next beverage! This one is a glass of my wheat IPA, with Raiders of the Lost Ark in the background. There are top men working on the IPA. Top. Men.

2012_12_03_wheat_ipa.jpg

Sierra Nevada Celebration. Good, but could use more hop aroma. It's a beer I could drink all night. Scary drinkable for 6.8%.

Oh yeah Left Hand milk stout is awesome. It is the one of the classic examples of the style in the BJCP style guidelines, in fact.

If you like that, you ought to try yourself some Terrapin Moo-Hoo.

Anyway, on to my next beverage! This one is a glass of my wheat IPA, with Raiders of the Lost Ark in the background. There are top men working on the IPA. Top. Men.

Nice looking head on that wheat IPA!

I'm in Mass right now and there's not much from the SE here for some reason. Which is a damn shame.

Sierra Nevada Celebration. Good, but could use more hop aroma. It's a beer I could drink all night. Scary drinkable for 6.8%.

100% agreed about drinkability. The hops seems pretty perfectly balanced to me... maybe on the light side, but not a problem for me.

Butte Creek Organic Pilsner: I quite like this more than the average beer rater. 4.5% and plenty of good flavor. Nice pilsner. Like and like again. Nice to have some of this sixer left .Repeat. Meet another day my friend. Untill then.

AleFred said:
Hmm I ve had it ontap an tasted some astringency , but never had the issue out of the bottle..

As for me , first up Sixpoint Autumnation, and next North Coasts Prankster:ban:

I had Double Jack off the tap recently and I thought it wasn't as good as bottled.

just kicked a keg of my AHS fuggle IPA, good til the last drop. Time to brew another IPA.

:mug::mug::mug: Just made a fuggles IPA myself today.Neeeeeeeeeeeice.a. Actually Im experimenting with the all UK fuggles(IPA) so Hopefully Ill like,despite the fuggle-haters. Maybe Ill be a hater,dont know yet although I made a nice irish blonde with some-that was quite good: I dont really like Shipyard Fuggle IPA but,ahem.. that wont be what my beer will be.Perty much. I cant reckon if I ever even ruled out a hop completly,because what if it was the yeast or water profile, recipe, really...? Just like a new beer Ill give it a few go's on different days.

MrNic said:
I haven't had it before. I couldn't believe I actually paid $12 a bottle for it, but I feel like I need to at least try it once.

It's a one and done beer. Great to sip with a meal and after. Not a beer you want all the time but when you do want it, its the only thing you want. 12 seems a little high but the first time I tried it I paid 14 at a bar. Cheers and enjoy.

Just watched Brewing TVs Hopmadness 2012 episode and made me crave an ipa. Grabbed a Sierra Nevada Floral IPA from their beer camp edition.

Now watching BTV on Ice and its pretty funny, I suggest watching for a good chuckle.

My still green Boddingtons, this one wont live long enough to be aged properly. Good thing the abv was higher than planned, that will make it last a few days longer. :mug:

Georgetown Brewing "Lucille"

Trying to kill the keg at work...

thumb_600.jpg

Not while at work, filled a couple mason jars before I left:mug:

Yet another homebrewed "Belgian" Strong Golden. This style is why I started brewing. Pils + Sugar + Yeast = awesome!

Back