I am looking for some ideas on a new mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kc_in_wv

Reaction score
I have about 2 quarts of honey water. This is water from flushing out the was cappings for my Lin/Basswood Honey.

The sg of the water is pretty high so I can dilute it some. I might be able to get about 3 quarts and still have a good sg to start.

I also have about 2 quarts of frozen blackberries.

I am wondering if I should mix the 2 in the fermentor or do a basic mead and rack onto the blackberries?

The Lin/Baswood honey has a light minty flavor.

Any ideas?

I already have a Chocolate going with this honey. I think it will be a good one.

What do you think of racking some of the chocolate onto the blackberries

I know this doesn't go along with the blackberries you spoke of, but I'm seeing all these lovely variety of quince in the markets now and wondering how pineapple quince would work in a mead.

Hmm well from some random mead readings I've read about an award winning mead that was a blackberry melomel with french oak chips. Sounds mighty tasty if you ask me I may very well try to make a similar thing one day.

Latest posts

Back