Looking to become an Assistant Brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henkyjenky

Reaction score
I'm currently in IT, but want to become an assistant brewer. You guys have any tips, warnings, anecdotes for me?

For those of you in the industry, how did you get your foot in the door?

Thanks!

first step would be to find your local brewery and see if you can get a job scrubbing mash tuns.....That is where you will start.

I too am looking at it maybe ten years down the road when the kids move out and the wife and I can move somewhere warm with a lower cost of living. subscribed.

first step would be to find your local brewery and see if you can get a job scrubbing mash tuns.....That is where you will start.

Everyone at the brewery I work at starts cleaning kegs, loading bottles on the line and making boxes lol. The mashtun cleaning is a cellerman's job which takes 6-12 months to step up from the packaging department.

If you have a lot of beer experience and/or are working at a newer brewery you could probably skip a step.

Back