Anyone use Kinko's?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iceman1981

Reaction score
I was thinking of trying the Kinko's idea i read on this board, is that the best/cheapest way to go? The brewshop by me charges like 1.50 a label and stickers are way expensive. Does anyone know what Kinko's charge, and the sizes that the images should be, and what program to use a template?

Right now i am working on my label in Paint Shop Pro 7.0, i have adobe illustrated 10, which i found a site that said was great for making labels, but that program is too confusing :(

I used Kinos for mine. Made them in Photoshop, impoted them into a 4th & Vine template, had them laser color printed at Kinkos, then just cut them out with an exacto knife (the cutter at Kinko's would be even better) and used a glue stick to put them on.

:mug:

I get the whole thing about making the bottles look cool, but aren't labels a bigger pain in the ass than what they're worth? Seems like extra costs and extra cleaning.

I'm looking forward to the day I get a bar. Then I'll put some time into making keg-pull labels.

If those labels really are easy to remove, I may try them (looks like they are designed to come right off). If they still require scrubbing, no chance. Labels are cool, but I can't imagine going to the trouble of having something printed at Kinko's, cutting them out with a knife, glueing them on individually, then having to scrub them off. I do need to at least start labelling the caps so I know what I'm drinking.

Cheesefood said:
I get the whole thing about making the bottles look cool, but aren't labels a bigger pain in the ass than what they're worth? Seems like extra costs and extra cleaning.

I'm looking forward to the day I get a bar. Then I'll put some time into making keg-pull labels.

Well, you could say making your own beer is a pain in the ass when you can just go down to the store and buy it. It's just another level of DIY for a lot of the guys here. Do you just want to make your own beer, or your own packaging as well?

I come from a sales and marketing background, so presentation is a big part of it for me.

jackmoe said:
Well, you could say making your own beer is a pain in the ass when you can just go down to the store and buy it. It's just another level of DIY for a lot of the guys here. Do you just want to make your own beer, or your own packaging as well?

I come from a sales and marketing background, so presentation is a big part of it for me.

My job title is "Marketing Communications Manager" so I know all about presentation. I'm just lazy. Most of my bottles still have their original labels on them! I've scrubbed and scrubbed, but those damn Corona labels are really stuck on there. :fro:

Back