Game of Thrones Beer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ommegang is an awesome brewer in upstate new york (Cooperstown I believe). They make a number of awesome beers (I'm partial to Three Philosophers), and with their official relationship with Game of THrones producers on HBO they're turning out 1 GoT themed beer a year. I've had Taking the black with is great, haven't tried their other ones yet. I heard a new one will be coming out around the time of the next series premiers in April

Have had both the iron throne blonde and the take the black stout. I rather enjoyed the blonde, the stout I thought left something to be desired. Interested to try the next one though, think it's supposed to be called blood and fire, a red ale of some sort...don't quote me on that

Sent from my Torque using Home Brew mobile app

I'm making a Targaryen Ale for the season four premier. It's an IPA that I turned blood red with beets (1.75 pounds, should work for other relatively light colored beers). I think on the day of the premier I'm going to put on a dash of cinnamon/cayenne to make it fire hot.

A local brew pub in Fredrick maryland called franklins had some game of thrones inspired beers and they were great. They had a Belgian strong that was one of the best American version of the style I have ever had.

Back