What can i do with these ingredients?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thaworm69

Reaction score
Ok guys...i'm 2 batches into my Mr Beer kit and they go and raise the price on everything..so after countless hours shopping around i ran across a site selling 3.3 Breiss amber LME for $12 free shipping. (GrapeGrainandBean) fyi. Anyway i also picked up an ounce of cascade and chinook on a whim. These are all the ingredients i have. Any suggestions or pantry adjucts i could add? Hops schedule? Anything? Thanks in advance...maybe someday after I become a master like you guys i could possibly return the favor!? BTW sorry if i posted this in the wrong place. I'm obviously new :confused: P.S. this would be going into my 2.5 gallon MrBeer kit.

I'd try an American Pale Ale, bitter with half the chinook and finish with the cascade, pitch Safale US 05. Add maybe 250g of corn sugar if you want to boost up the ABV a bit.

With the LME, 1/2 oz. Chinook at 30 minutes and an ounce of cascade at 5 minutes would make a decent amber. Now you need some yeast.

Bob

Ok i appreciate the help! I have half a pack of Salfale 04 still sitting in the fridge..from about 3 weeks ago. (Due to others saying to get a better yeast than the kit stuff) Is this sufficient? My only homebrew store (local feedmill) has this and wine yeast. Not much of a selection. Thanks again on how to use the hops. You may have diverted a disaster! Oh and my previous post i ordered the lme from sunflower supplies btw in case you were wondering...it was the cheapest i could find. But I imagine you folks are all grain anyway.

Yeah, a little bit of risk, but if the yeast has been kept dry and cold it should be ok.

Thanks for the tip on the extract too. I'm certainly not all grain all the time. That is a good price considering shipping is included.

I decided to grab a new pack of yeast and pitched it this morning. Thanks for the help. Also glad I could help you as well with the extract. I am putting together a real brew kit as well. I don't see spending "X" amount of dollars on a kit when walmart sells food grade buckets for under 3 bucks a pop. And there is a guy on craigslist selling 6 carboys for 20 a piece! I'm hooked on brewing so more questions to come! Thanks!

If you used safale 04 make sure you keep that sucker cool. I personally don't let that ferment in air temperature over 60 or else I end up with bubble gum beer.

Back