Commercial Brews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanzerOfDoom

Reaction score
Why no yeast at the bottom of the bottles, I'm assuming they don't prime and use artifcial means to put CO2 in their bottles?

usually they are force carbonated, so no they don't prime. and most filter also, leaving no yeast behind.

Thanks, I'm just starting out, I have far more questions than answers at this point.

Ask your questions away Panzer!!! There are some great guy here with tons of answers to your questions. They've help me out a ton!!! Thanks guys!!!

Just a quick note that there are still some commercial beers that you can find yeast in (and subsequently cultivate), but they tend to be micros.

One of the most widely distributed commercial beers I've found with yeast sediment in the bottom is Blue Moon Belgian White (regretably, though, I hear it is brewed by Coors :mad: )

i was shocked to find out about blue moon being brewed by coors a couple months ago. i've only had the stuff once because i prefer white rascal from avery, but it seemed to be good...that is until i found out who made it.

brackbrew said:
One of the most widely distributed commercial beers I've found with yeast sediment in the bottom is Blue Moon Belgian White (regretably, though, I hear it is brewed by Coors :mad: )

also check out the new belgium line (if you haven't already).

their abby ale and trippel ale have yeast at the bottom of the bottle...

brackbrew said:
One of the most widely distributed commercial beers I've found with yeast sediment in the bottom is Blue Moon Belgian White

I've seen blobs of yeast at the bottom of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale bottles on more than one occasion. A buddy grimaced and spit out an M&M sized blob while drinking SNPA during a card game at my house a few months ago. If it hadn't been in his mouth, I would have tried to cultivate it.

-walker

Also, there's Chimay and Bridgeport and tons of German beers. Problem is that most of them use a different yeast to bottle condition with than they make the beer with.

drengel said:
but it seemed to be good...that is until i found out who made it.

*shrug*

It seems to me that who makes a beer is far less important than what it tastes like. Lienekugel's, for instance, makes some good beers---- even if it is Miller that makes the stuff.

Back