Northern Brewer Petite saison, Clove taste?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawkeyes

Reaction score
I bottled a Northern Brewer Petite Saison almost 2 weeks ago. I tasted it before I bottled and I got a Clove taste. Otherwise it tasted fine.

As anybody tried this kit before? I'm curious if there was a clove taste to it?

I have never had a Saison before, is clove a common taste in Saison's?

Thanks!

Not only is it common for Belgian beers, but particularly in saisons. I got into saisons a couple of months ago and have been pretty heavy into them since. Sorry if you don't enjoy it, but if it tastes good other than the clove part, you definitely didn't mess anything up. Know that it's part of the taste and enjoy! :mug:

Not only is it common for Belgian beers, but particularly in saisons. I got into saisons a couple of months ago and have been pretty heavy into them since. Sorry if you don't enjoy it, but if it tastes good other than the clove part, you definitely didn't mess anything up. Know that it's part of the taste and enjoy! :mug:

It wasn't too bad, just caught me off guard. It's only my 4th batch and I have been doing a lot of research. I noticed in the book "How to Brew" one of the off flavors is 'mediciney' or 'spicy like cloves'. So I wanted to make sure I didn't mess it up. If this is a common flavor in this type, I may end up liking it after all. Only time will tell. :mug:

Back