Double Chocolate Stout...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read this post and immediately bought the AHS kit. Can't wait 'till I brew it! :D

OK, so I FINALLY brewed my mini mash kit last Saturday. Looking forward to the results.

I just bottled mine today. It had a bitter roasted flavor with a great chocolate aftertaste. I'm sure it will be wonderful in a month

Hey kwrobertson1: thanks for that. Mine is in 2ry ready to bottle and when I tasted the hydro sample I also noticed the bitter roasted flavor and actually thought it was tannins. Now I know that bitter flavor is supposed to be there. I'm bottling mone as soon as I get the Iodophor delivered from AHS.

Have the extract kit on the way. Last check it is somewhere in Co. This is going to be my second batch, so think I'll follow the recipe to the letter (or as close as I can) to see how it comes out before playing with it. If it is anything near as good as Young's I know it'll be a hit at my house.

Newbie here, about to make this, and I am not sure how long I should leave this in the secondary?

Back