So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lefse blonde. 30 minutes left.

image-3463026303.jpg

image-3819168459.jpg

Boiling water and jars right now for a yeast wash tomorrow after I keg my Oatmeal Stout.
Will be brewing my first AG tomorrow, which will also be my first lager.
Cheers...

BierMuncher said:
Just sitting here watching 11 gallons of Pool Side Blonde boiling away. And lovin my Droid and HBT mobil access.

Brewing your belgian blonde tomorrow...again. Woo hoo!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Home Brew Talk

i love the way it smells when its brewing. too bad they dont make cologne or air freshener that smells like that. i want to swim in it.

The burner gets lit at 10AM tomorrow for a Bavarian Hefe AG. Going to try out my first no-chill, mostly out of necessity because my plate chiller isn't here yet and my immersion chiller won't fit far enough into the 15 gal Boilermaker for a 5 gal batch.

Did my 1st BIAB yesterday, and it was fun! Definitely a good way to squeeze in a small batch real quick! Did the initial heating, mashing, sparging on my stove, then it went out to a single burner in the garage. It was nice to not have to lug out my keggles, mlt, stand etc. I really need to get that thing on wheels, or find a stationary spot, where I can just fire them up!

3.25g of All Citra APA - 1.049 - 5.6 SRM - 44IBUs

After that I did some taste testing on my Slick Rick (OEO Clone) to see what kind of bourbon I wanted to use. All I really had on hand was Jim Beam, but it didn't really compliment the burnt-oily(kind of odd-but good-and I think the roasted barley will mellow more) flavor of the Slick Rick. So I tried some Balvenie Scotch that I had. WOW! That was the ticket! It was very complimentary to the flavor and aroma, which was pretty impressive to me, so I went ahead and threw 1oz of Oak Cubes in a growler, with a chopped up vanilla bean and covered in Balvenie!! Going to let it sit for a week or 2, then rack on top of it! I'm getting excited again for this batch!

Speaking of...does anybody ever use Scotch for their Porters/Old Ales? I don't know if a regular porter would taste as good with it, but the odd flavor of this really went well!

Brewed a SNPA clone yesterday before the rains came in. Got so carried away with the late addition hops that I forgot to add the whirlfloc. Had everything cooled before I realized it so, oh well. Recipe looked like this:

10.75 lb Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 93.89 %
0.70 lb Caramel/Crystal Malt - 60L (60.0 SRM) Grain 6.11 %
0.44 oz Magnum [14.00 %] (60 min) Hops 20.1 IBU
0.44 oz Pearle [7.80 %] (30 min) Hops 8.6 IBU
1.00 oz Cascade [5.50 %] (10 min) Hops 6.5 IBU
0.50 oz Cascade [5.50 %] (5 min) Hops 1.8 IBU
2.00 oz Cascade [7.00 %] (0 min)
Wyeast Labs #1056

10 minutes into the boil of a Pilsen SmAsh.

11 Lb Rahr Pilsen, batch sparge
.5 oz Hallataur 60 Minutes
.5 oz Hallataur 15 minutes.

Will ferment on a Notty yeast cake in carboy.

It's really light in color, almost too light. But it's the start of the boil. Hopefully a good "lawnmower beer".

A simple beer to try out my newly constructed electric keggle. No fancy controls, just plugged into a 240 outlet and manually controlled.

Not brewing this weekend but I do have the recipes completed for my next 2. A Belgian Tripel and a Belgian Dark Strong. Coming soon...to a fridge near you.

One brew at a time...

Not brewing this weekend but I do have the recipes completed for my next 2. A Belgian Tripel and a Belgian Dark Strong. Coming soon...to a fridge near you.

One brew at a time...

So do we PM you with the address to send the beer to?:cross:

So I brewed today... It was the worst brew day I've had. Mainly cuz of the snow storm. Never doing that again. Missed my og by 5-6 pts.
54f8th.jpg

Nice photo. We finally thawed out here.

5g of Imperial Stout in the bucket......so heavy. OG 1.087. Rigged my first blow off tube.

My apartment smells like hops and steam....delicious. Have a Cascadian IPA that is about 15 minutes into the boil. Mmmmmm. Kyle

I brewed tasty mcdoles apa. I made out before and it came out perfect. Best beer I ever made. I don't think this one will b as good. Og shouldve been 1.056 but ended up being 1.048-50. Probably the snow :)

snail said:
I brewed tasty mcdoles apa. I made out before and it came out perfect. Best beer I ever made. I don't think this one will b as good. Og shouldve been 1.056 but ended up being 1.048-50. Probably the snow :)

I had the same problem with an APA I made 2 weeks ago. I missed low rather badly. The grain bill was designed to have a stronger malt backbone. Tasted it today and it was awesome.

Coming soon...to a fridge near you.

Got the day off tomorrow, can't decide on brewing a pale or cream ale. Im leaning towards the cream ale.

Hoping to keg my scotch ale as well. I'm currently trying to find somewhere to put my new chest freezer.

I hope to do an Oridnary Bitter this weekend. I've done an ESB before but never an oridnary Bitter...I'm looking forward to it.

Picking up a second bucket tomorrow and starting on a Bell's Oberon clone on Saturday. Thanks to all the hints and tips I have picked up on this forum, I have hopes that this second batch will be easier than the first

Latest posts

Back