The Mazer Cup International

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

summersolstice

Reaction score
I've been waiting for news of this year's event for several months. I've made it for two of the last three years and there was some question as to whether there would even be an event this year. It looks like, though the name has changed, the serious nature of the competition has not. As usual, I expect this to be a lot of fun!

The Mazer Cup International will be held in Boulder, Colorado, at the Outlook Hotel, April 17-19. With support from Ken Schramm, Dan McConnell and Mike O'Brien, Gotmead.com has picked up the baton and is bringing the Mazer Cup, possibly the most well-known mead competition, back from its hiatus. In keeping with the original Mazer Cup, the competition will give mazers to the winners of our home competition. We are also holding a worldwide commercial mead competition, and will be awarding new and distintive medals that we hope will soon become a coveted achievement in the commercial meadmaking market.

The team managing and supporting this event came out of the same team that brought you the hugely successful 2006, 2007 and 2008 HMMC (Home Meadmakers Competition).

We will be holding both home and commercial competitions, and will start accepting entries about a month out from the event.

OH how I look forward to hearing more about this! I envy the judges. Just going by what has happened here, Home mead making seems to be picking up steam in a big way! There will be some good entrys for sure.

Back