How old is too old?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IFlyEm

Reaction score
My brother received a beer making kit as a wedding gift. He never got around to brewing it so he gave it to me. The wedding was 10 years ago...hence my question, how old is too old? It is a batch of Morgan's Blue Mountain Lager. All that comes with the batch is a can of concentrated wort, 6 grams of "pure strain brewing yeast" and 2 1/4 lbs of corn sugar. Is it worth trying to brew? I know the yeast and sugar will need to be replaced but how about the can of wort? Has anyone ever brewed this brand of beer? It seems awfully different than the kits that I have brewed, which include LME/DME, crushed grains, yeast, corn sugar...etc. I don't wanna throw away an unopened batch if it could still produce good beer! Any thoughts are appreciated!

Well, if it sucks, it was free, so you don't really lose anything but your time and effort if you have to dump it. That being said, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Back