Morning Beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sounds crazy...i'll stick to an oatmeal stout in the morning if i need a beer for breakfast, which only happens before a long day of backcountry skiing, which is impossible right now due to the fact that theres not a lick of snow around here.

"fine-tuned temperature control stops the formation of ethyl alcohol"

This is more like it!

Da Grind Buzz
Kona Coffee Stout

An Imperial Stout that is strong in flavor and alcohol with a deep black color, a pronounced roasted malt character balanced by liberal amounts of hops, and dark roasted 100% Kona coffee flavor.

Bittering Units - 50
Alcohol by Volume - 8.5%

I've only had it at Ale Fests and have never seen it in stores. You might come close with a shot of espresso in Old Rasputin.

Wow...only took them 6 years to catch the Drew Carry show.

Coffee beer is an old idea. I think its hard to sell to a commercial audience because most people who buy beer want it to taste like beer.

'The remains of the roast are then ground to powder, mixed with yeast and sucrose, and fermented for 4 hours at just below 22°C. At this temperature the yeast can still metabolise but does not generate alcohol.'

Yeesh, and to think I let my barley wine ferment at that temperature. I'll have to remember I'm drinking a non-alcholic beer... That buzzed in the head feeling must be from somehthing else. :D

"I'm sorry ossifer... you must be wrong. I _can't_ be drunk!"

I went to Weterspoons. (Pub) for breakfast this morning. At 10am there was a few old gents in for their first beer of the day. Purely coffee for me.

About last Tuesday for me. I actually buy pizza specifically for breakfast (being retired & living alone has its plusses). Although Tom at the Holy Cannoli makes a great breakfast pizza (think egg McMuffin made with real food), I generally get the Greekza.

Cheesefood said:
Wow...only took them 6 years to catch the Drew Carry show.

Coffee beer is an old idea. I think its hard to sell to a commercial audience because most people who buy beer want it to taste like beer.

Coffee beer is the best. Our local microbrewery has teamed up with a cool little coffee joint called "The Mudhouse". Together they make a "Mudhouse Stout". It's the best, even if I didn't make it myself. Coffee and Stout are like peas and carrots.

Back