Good deal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C4PNJ4ZZ

Reaction score
I have been bottling all my brews for a little over a year. I found some kegs for sale, and I'm thinking about making the plunge.
Is this a deal?

80# tank of CO2 (1/2 full)
2 Cornelius 5 gal. kegs, with ball lock connectors.
1 CO2 pressure regulator.
They will also throw in a hydrometer and a couple Papazian books

I haven't done my research yet, any good kegging links would be greatly appreciated

1st, you didn't mention how much it is selling for, so it is hard to tell if it is a deal.

2nd: 80# tank?!? There is no way it is fitting inside a fridge or keezer, that is probably 4-5 feet tall, and weights 60# or more empty

3rd, does the regulator come with hoses and QDs?

double guage regulator $40
Ball Lock Cornelius keg $25 each
books $5 each
hydrometer $5

An 80lb tank, damn. We use a large amount of CO2 at work and we only get 50lb tanks. If you get this, you will probably want to chain that guy to the wall, no worries though, you will probably never need to get it filled but every 5 years.

Or sell it and get a 5lb tank like a normal human being. you will probably make enough profit to get the whole outfit for free...

I hope you bought this already. I would say a 20lb tank for everyday use and 1 5lb tank for swap outs and bring to parties will last you years if you don't have a leak. I tend to go years on a 20lb tank because I have have individual shut off valves I leave closed until I need the pressure. After 5 years I went back to my dealer and they had written me off as long gone. I promised them I would not take 5 years again, but it's been two and the tank is still pretty full.
An 80 lb tank is over kill, but hey bigger is better right?

ya, for $125, buy it. Sell the 80# tank and get a reasonable sized one, and probably recoup the cost of everything.

is it me, or do those look like pinlock QDs on the table.....
that makes it less appealing to me, but I am sure that it is still worth $125 as long as the tank doesn't have an expired hydro date.

looks like a decent deal.. even if the tank is expired, you could probably swap it somewhere for cheap.

Latest posts

Back