is muntons wheat lme hopped?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most of there stuff isnt hopped. doesnt look like that one is. I know that alot of companys that also make kits have hopped and unhopped versions of the same extract.

that's lame.. I wanted to brew this stuff.. I'll have to wait.
are there any other bittering agents I can use?

You dont want to use real hops? The prehopped stuff just basically adds a bight to it, no real hop taste. I guess you could look for hop oil or tablets

Oh, No I just won't hav ethe change to brew this again for another wekk or two...
and I was wondering if I could use lemon or something else with a wheat beer to get that bite....otherwise I'll have to wait another 2 weeks to brew...

you will need the hops or it will just have a lemon taste and not just a C-hop taste I would guess

Oh well, I guess I'll wait hehehe
any other ideas for an alternative bittering agent?
or perhaps........ what does wheat taste like un-hopped?"
thanks

Well, the point of the hops is to provide bitterness to counteract the unbearable sweetness of the malt. If you don't add hops, you'll have a sweet syrup-y drink, I think.

That page's menu lists hopped malts separately. So, I'd say no.

I suppose you could brew now, but only 4 gallons. Then when you get your hops, boil them for 60 minutes in one gallon of water & add it to the fermenter. That limits the IBU to less than 20, but plenty for a wheat.

If I had wheat malt and no hops... well first, I'd shed a tear. :( Then I'd head to the supermarket for some ginger. About 3 oz is good for my tastes. ;)

Back