power outtage san diego

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thehopguy

Reaction score
Sent from my phone. Wtf. My freezer that's fermenting my beer also shut down.. wow im kinda freaking..

was the power outage really caused by solar flares? i read this on another forum, but it may be BS.

Sounding like a power main coming from AZ went down (i.e. physically...no official cause announced yet). Caused the domino effect which made San Onofre's level to fluctuate & go offline. (Heard most of this on the radio.)

Apparently much of Mexico north of Rosarito and parts of Arizona went down too. It hit Southern California up to Orange County. Fortunately I now reside just north of the orange curtain.

Thats a huge area that's out. Cant remember ever hearing of that much power going out around here.. All good here in the LBC though.

So I didn't get my power back until 1 am. So almost 10 hours I was without power, keep in mind my apartment was 90+ degrees.

Last time I brewed I bought a couple bags of ice, only needed to use 1 so there was an extra one in the freezer.

I used that bag of ice to save my beer yesterday. I'd put it in the freezer for about 20 minutes at a time, then take it for about half an hour. Did this for almost 10 hours!!

But my beer's fermentation temp NEVER went above 68 degrees!

Then power came back on around 1 and I finally got some ( emphasis on some ) sleep.

Now I'm off to work.. ::yawn::

Back