Bells Brewing Homebrew Expo 2011

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on making the top finishers guys!

I ended up doing a Rye Saison with a touch of Citra in the late addition, but I used 3724 and it stalled out around 1.030 for nearly a month. Pitched some Notty to try to finish it out. Didn't finish until October 22nd so it had only 4 days to carb. Put 6 bottles on a heating blanket and crossed my fingers. Came out fairly well carbed and it tasted great to me so I entered it. Hoped for a top 10 but no email unfortunately. Will just have to try again next year! :mug:

Congrats to HopRodGR, his Belgian black IPA took the grand prize. I came in third, and got a 50$ gift card. Hard to complain about that , but it still kinda hurts to be so close and not come out on top. All I've wanted for so long has been to win a comp. where the winner gets to brew on a commercial system. I was runner up at Arbor brewing Co. earlier this year, now 3rd in this.

Congrats! Heard from a buddy that I took 2nd. Super stoked! Anyone know what 2nd place was worth?

Thanks for the congrats Adam. It's pretty humbling to come out on top in a field that I know included a lot of very good brewers. It's still sinking in but I'm pretty excited for the brew day to come. I don't know specifics yet but sounds like it will get brewed late this year and put on tap early in 2013.

Back