Getting creative

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superfknmario

Reaction score
I've been doing a lot of reading and see that lots of brewers add all kinds of things to their brew. Even some online kits have things like dried orange peel and chocolate nibs. So, I was just wondering, what can we absolutely NOT add to our beer? For example: is fresh orange zest a no-no?

Well i just did fresh lemon zest and i tasted it and im not dead yet. I wouldnt put milk in it or cheese . Just make sure lemon or orange is organic easy to find.

Right, I figure no dairy. Although if u do a search for cream, some brave soul added cream to his brew and supposedly had good results. I'm pretty sure it was this forum.

I mentioned the zest because of the oils. Like, would adding a chile hurt the quality of the beer? What about adding say...bacon? Lol, no seriously

Someone doing a jalapeno one recently. Bacon ehhhh might grow some hair. Others will know more on forum but something s just dont mix i dont belive bacon is one of them.

Latest posts

Back