Powder Coating Stand Questions...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petrostar

Reaction score
I recently dropped off some parts for my company to a powder coating guy. He is "genuine Russian" lol, he's cool. So, I was bull****ting with him for a bit and decided to see how much he would charge me to coat my single tier brutus. He said $50 dollars!!! I said, what about colors? His reply, was oh, that will cost a bit more so I asked how much...He said just a few dollars! HAHA, So I am super excited and he has about 75 colors in stock. I am thinking a Metallic Blue color or Red. If you live in the Seattle/Tacoma Area give me a PM and I'll let you know where he's located. I said I would start sending him some business. The red and blue I am talking about aren't just flat colors, its like they have some sort of 'reflectance' in them. They're beautiful colors.

Here is my question for those of you who have powder coated your stands. Has the coating near your burners cooked off? Should I install heat shields to protect the stand? What precautionary measures have you taken to protect the color and did it work? Thanks for help!

Powder coat will burn off if you get it too hot. (i.e. hitting it with a burner flame and the nearby areas). If you want to keep it coated you might consider a ceramic coat from Techline for exhaust components. Just google "black satin ceramic coating". It can handle heat up to 2000*, don't know about direct flame though.

-Steve

Back from Powder Coater this morning

Black High Heat Ceramic Upper / Powder Coat Lower

P1040829.jpg

P1040832.jpg

P1040833.jpg

$75 is less than half the cost here in CA

Back