Top My Hop

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david_42

Reaction score
The first one is easy. Sunbeam is an ornamental, slow growing & yellow.

2113-sunbeam_may_07.jpg

Fuggles: The pink tag is May 18, the black line May 18. About 4 feet in ten days. I'm already trimming low sidearms. This plant is so health, I may have to pound some plastic barriers into the ground around it.

2113-fuggles_may_07.jpg

Bastard! Mine just poked through the ground a couple days ago (first year, and the weather kept them from being planted as soon as I would have liked).

99 - Are they getting enough water and fertilizer? Hops are heavy users of both and corn growing weather is less than ideal for hops until they have a good tap root. I got three flowers on four plants the first year because I didn't water enough. I have a drip system now, just like the pros.

The Fuggles hit the top of the line (14 ft) yesterday, which is amazing considering how few sunny days we've had in the last three weeks. The Cascades is close. Both of them are third year.

My Mt. Hood is coming along, finally. I thought it was going to die last year, it looked so bad. The Sunbeam is all of two feet tall.

Back